The Hello Thread

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Brogan, Jun 8, 2008.

1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to the forum MartijnK :goodday:

It's traditional to welcome all new members with a complementary moustache :moustache:

Enjoy.

MartijnK likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Welcome, are you one of the Dutch who go camping on top of the hill? If so, we may have met. Do you go to any of the other races?

4. MartijnK

MartijnK Test Driver

No I had rented a house via airbnb because my brother and I used the weekend to see some WWII stuff as well. I've been to Austria in 2001, which was pretty great.

Spa was a bit of a deception for me. The sound was really dissapointing, as it had been a while since I visited a formula 1 race. And it looked to me like the organisers wanted to extract the most out of the weekend by selling an unlimited amount of bronze tickets to Max fans. It was just too busy. We did find a good spot on the hill at the Kemmel straight, but I saw some people sitting in the bushes where all they could see was the big TV screen.
    Being stuck for almost 4 hours in the parking after the race didn't help either.
    Spa is great when you camp at the track and don't have to be home on sunday evening. ;)

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Welcome MartijnK. You'll find us a friendly bunch on the whole. I think there may be a few other Dutch F1 fans lurking on here somewhere (whatever happened to my pal Josh?).

Having witnessed that great Hakkenien pass first hand does that make him one of your favourite drivers? There was a recent discussion on here as to whether Hakkenien was as good as people said he was.

6. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Hello MartijnK . Welcome to the fray.
    :)

7. MartijnK

MartijnK Test Driver

He had a great car in that era no doubt. Good racer too, but I don't rate him as high as a Schumacher or Hamilton. Better than Rosberg though for sure. (Hope I don't offend anyone ;) )

RasputinLives likes this.
  8. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    You're bound to MartijnK, but you won't offend them deeply.
    :snigger:

gethinceri and MartijnK like this.
  9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Welcome MartijnK. You can ignore most of what I post ;) Hey, we could have fun revisiting putting drivers into different leagues. That's always a fun game on an F1 forum :snigger:

MartijnK likes this.
  10. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to (C)lip the Apex MartijnK . think of this forum as the fellowship of the ring.

11. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

I LIKE ROSBERG!

Welcome MartijnK :)

MartijnK likes this.
  12. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Welcome MartijnK
    There is only one driver.
    He's a lovely boy.

13. Mekola

Mekola Learner

Well, hello! I'm from South America, following F1 since I have mind... in fact, since mid-1987.
    My first childhood hero was Nigel Mansell, then didn't have a proper hero after him in F1 world.

I'm proud of Jose Maria Lopez, and what did in motorsport, and hope one day he could be rewarded with, at least, an opportunity to start and complete a single F1 race, some in the manner Markus Winkelhock did in 2007.

Hope to have a great time in this forum!

Titch, Galahad, FB and 7 others like this.
  14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Welcome Mekola :)

15. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    A "pechito" López fan? It's been a while since I've run into one. Sweet Avatar Mekola. Welcome!

16. Mekola

Mekola Learner

Thanks. I'd been part of Lopez fanbase from 2004 to 2009. Learnt some things about how to support a racing driver.
    Even have a WTCC 1/32 plastic model with the box dedicated and signed by him, one of my valuable miniatures...
    We're like the Australians with their drivers, we the Lopez supporters. Have our presences everywhere...

The avatar is product about the first F1 stories heard from my elder brother, when he was a F1 follower...

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  17. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Welcome Mekola, enjoy the forum.

18. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    A very warm welcome Mekola
    :moustache:

19. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Hello Mekola welcome to CTA

20. Zvonimir

Zvonimir Learner

Welcome Mekola!

21. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

That was almost worth getting soaked for.

Welcome.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice