Gaming The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

You need to be a level 15 or higher for her to even look at you. She does have quite a tough but rewarding quest for you to complete before she will help you. For now just hire yourself a follower in the short term.

I've finally done all the trophies! (Achievements for Xbox users)
I was leaving the most bloodthirsty for last. Having 1000 bounty in each city at once.
Not only was it the one with most bloodshed, it actually became one of the trickier and most expensive ones.
I could have picked on helpless villagers but as I didn't want to kill anyone important I picked on the town guards.
In the smaller towns this wasn't a problem but with the larger cities finding a single guard was tricky, ended up killing 6 or 7 at Markarth and a load more at Windhelm and Whiterun. Plus I ran into more than my fair share of dragons including a double attack at Falkreath.
In all that trophy cost me over 21000 in fines ! Was worth it though. Don't want to know the actual physical time I've spent on this game.
Is the game complete? After 371 game days is it chuff, still these damn stones to find and there is the small problem of infinite side quests....

Little bit of an update, found the last of the stones, tied up a few loose ends. Went on a little rampage. Essentially everything complete with that character.

Now what do I do? Trade in price for the game is nothing to shout about, masses of free time on my hands....

I know! Lets start the game again from the beginning, new role, new fighting style new everything.

Instead of a two-handed weapon wielding male Orc who knows a bit of magic my new Skyrimmer is a female nord who is going to be the sneaky one-handed fighting style with shield/magic.

Two handed is definitely the more powerful option, in the last play through I collected loads of amazing shields but never used them. Rarely used block as well so tended to get overwhelmed and depended on my follower to get me out of trouble. Hopefully this time I'll have a more rounded warrior.

One thing that surprises me is how similar my nord looks to Katie Price (without the chesticles)

I'm currently using the horse a lot - mostly because I can carry 325 and I've got almost 800 :D

I just ride past and slash them with my axe/sword/<insert weapon here> LOL

I do like the updated mounted combat. I'm finding certain things a little tougher second time round, whether its the less powerful fighting style or weaker character I'm not sure. It's definitely feeling like a different game.

Brogan have you chosen a side in the civil war yet?

I haven't even started the main quest :D

I always go for a wander first and discover loads of places and collect useful weapons and items.
Maybe in another 50 hours or so I'll start it...

Yeah definitely! It's amazing how choosing a different path right at the start turns it into a different game. I thought I had fully explored the place in my previous game but I'm now finding new area's and NPC's I've never met before.

I've also found money making easier this time round, I think the extra knowledge of knowing what works and doesn't helps there.

Brogan A lot of the good equipment doesn't start showing up until your level goes up. You could be spending a lot of time collecting a load of useless crap!

Yeah, I appreciate that.
I meant useful stuff for the level I'm at as everything always levels up with you in Oblivion.

I'm on level 11 and already got some fairly interesting stuff so I'm happy bimbling around for now.

I've already done my fair share of exploring and wandering aimlessly around. I have a firm goal in mind with this character, I know what her path will be and who I need to help, mainly every choice I made last time I am going to do the opposite!

Have you done any quests yet? I'm trying to gauge what I can talk to you about without giving away any spoilers!

Just lost my 1st horse in a dragon attack. I do like the ones that like to fight but having a horse that runs away is a lot cheaper in the long run!

Have you done any quests yet?
Ummm, yeah. No idea which ones though, I don't really pay that much attention :embarrassed:

Just lost my 1st horse in a dragon attack. I do like the ones that like to fight but having a horse that runs away is a lot cheaper in the long run!
Mine gets stuck right in, usually doing more damage than me LOL

Made some good progress this evening.
I have my follower sorted and I'm all kitted out. Bought my 1st house too but don't have the funds to furnish it yet.
Just to make you guys jealous here's me and my 1st permanent follower
image.jpg

Uploaded this using my phone so hope it works.

Ran into a spot of trouble while wandering. You can't see from this angle but there was a 3rd dragon hanging around as well.
image.jpg

I was attacked by three dragons last night.
With only a puny sword and bow, it wasn't much of a fight...

I did do the "finial's fingers" quest, or whatever it's called, and found a bug.
The dragon was sleeping next to the chest, so I sneak attacked it and then finished it off with the sword.
However, even though it's "life" went to zero, it didn't die and its head kept following me as I moved around.

Quite disappointed I didn't get that kill :(

Oh and I'm up to level 13 now - 2 more and I can get Mjoll :D

I've changed my tactics, I've become more of the sneaky poisoner archer type.

I carry 2 bows now, one sets targets on fire, the other steals their souls. If I see a strong looking target I add poison to the bow first and with the sneak damage multiplier it's usually enough to put them down or at least make them weak enough for a quick kill with the sword.

It's a tactic that doesn't work well with Mjoll, previously when I tried to sneak in places she would charge straight at the first enemy and slaughter everyone in sight before I had chance to draw my bow. She's also as stealthy as an earthquake.
With Aela I can sneak in places and if I want to go for the silent kill I can do while she lurks at the back ready to take down any one with a rain of arrows if I get overwhelmed.

A useful tactic is choosing when to level up, when you level up it completely restores Health, Stamina and Magic, if you are in a tough fight and low on life, having the option to level up mid fight can usually swing things back in your direction. Any skills learned do carry over though so you don't lose anything by not levelling up as soon as it's available.

I usually play a sneaky archer type, but I played a big axe wielding Nord in Skyrim :) I'll see if I can't get a screenshot of him.

Back
Top Bottom