The best looking cars in motorsport (outside of F1)

Close to my heart rather than being 'the best looking.' These Daytonas won their class back in the eighties in what was the fantastic IMSA series and somehow i've ended up owning not just one, but two of them! :rolleyes:

108205359.hwuIspvF.jpg

Mid-Ohio 250 Kilometres IMSA GTO.jpg

WatermarkedImageHandler.jpg

racingsportscars.com

5117230333_8a450b6eea.jpg

The GT-R is one of my modern favourites, it might not have the smooth curves of the GT40 but my all time favourite does...

The classic XJ220 LM....

aguar_xj220c_twr-1.jpg

pics-max-14974-308586-jaguar-xj220-lm-race-car-martini-1993.jpg

xj220-2.jpg

Personally, my heart always swells when I see one of these (preferrably in the 'flesh').

Attachments

• 250GTO 2.JPG
    250GTO 2.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 120
Seminal car in seminal colours. Did you know someone made a road going version?

1986-porsche-962c.jpg

More function over form. Somehow, good Le Mans cars / endurance cars, so often end up looking stunning. Must be something to do with their success as well....

Mazda-787B_2.jpg

Maybe lol idk. It also looks like the dotted lines on a tear off/cut here strip...

Its beauty for me is its function. It isn't the best route to an endurance racer, but they took a ****el :snigger: engine to the top step at Le Mans!

Ah yes, the Chaparral 2J: Fan-generated, sliding-skirt assisted downforce 8 YEARS before Gordon Murray used the idea on the Brabham BT46 and was proclaimed a genius.

The Chaparrals were among the most innovative cars ever, as well as being, to my eyes at least, among the best-looking as well (the 2J is no looker, but, as was said at the time, it bore as much relationship to current cars as the first steam ship bore to the sailing vessels of the day).

Really you cant beat the Ford GT-40, the other Le Mans drivers couldn't anyway, You can't have enough of these in the thread ;)
3-26-11055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom