Pianist
Blow
Mesrine 1&2
Godfather 1,2 & 3
Return of the Pink Panther
Cannonball Run
Get Carter
Bladerunner
Starwars (the first ones were so good that they hold the later ones up higher than they deserve on thier own merit)
Natural Born Killers
Matrix (1st only)
A Prophet
Escape from Alcatraz
Point Break
Full Metal Jacket

Impossible to have a favourite. Like music, it depends on the time, place, mood and a bunch of other things. My answer will likely be different every time.

I really enjoyed Traffic, although I think confusingly there are two films with the same name?

Shawshank Redemption, of course.

Plus a significant number of those already mentioned.

Shawshank Redemption...... watched this so many times
Bullitt
Star Wars.......first one
Grease
Ghandi
Goodnight Mr Tom
Rabbitproof Fence
Inside I'm Dancing
Life of Brian
Borat
Michael Clayton
Full Monty
Pretty Woman
The Magdelene Sisters............bastards
Slumdog Millioniare
And the winner is..........................
SENNA

Can I also recommend the original Swedish language versions of "The Girl Who..." trilogy. Not seen the Hollywood remake and probably won't as these are just fantastic. The Baader Meinhoff Complex, a brilliant German language film. All About My Mother, a Spanish film which will really tug at the heart strings. And if you haven't seen any Japanese horror, what have you been doing with your lives?

Hey, we all enjoy a bit of harmless crap every now and again.

220px-Simpsons_final_poster.png

Cars the Disney Pixar movie :D

Also, the nutty professor!

Gone in 60 seconds is pretty good too, quite a good story (could be a bit better though), and of course, the classic, Terminator 2 Judgement day.

As soon as I read the title of the thread I had a few films come to mind .... some have been mentioned already, some haven't.

Love the Die Hard and Lethal Weapon series, most of the James Bond series....
.... and almost anything with Liam Neeson or Jack Nicholson in it. Oh, and all the Marx Brothers films. :snigger:

If I had to pick a single film it would be The Usual Suspects - seen it several times and notice a little something new each time.

Can I also recommend the original Swedish language versions of "The Girl Who..." trilogy. Not seen the Hollywood remake and probably won't as these are just fantastic.[...]

The first one was pretty good, but the rest of them weren't so much to my liking. Decent films anyway. Maybe they were rushed a bit too much, I don't know. From what I've heard of, the Hollywood re-make of the first movie is good and follows the book more closely than the Swedish one.
Adding to the "Best film's I've ever seen" list some Finnish ones:
Mies vailla menneisyyttä (The Man Without a Past)
Kaasua, Komisario Palmu! (Gas, Inspector Palmu!)

Porridge the film version.
Where they playing a game of football, but Godber and Fletcher end up been victims of crime, when a fellow inmate goes on the run. Their find him in the changing rooms after Godber ends up hitting his head on a post and he's tying the bus driver to the loo. But the bus driver is in on the act aswell! Godber and Fletcher end up running back to the bus and break back into the prision and end up in the cellar of the policemans club bar :). That film never gets old and still makes me left everytime i see it.

Back
Top Bottom