Football The 2012/13 Season

BTW I was liking the postcards bit, not the fact that all the welsh teams are out of Europe!!

Leeds Uniteds potential new buyer has been named and boy is it controversial.

Just what Leeds need to help promote their sparkling media image. :givemestrength:

It's ok the deal is off. Captain Birdseye will continue to 'own' the holding company which owns the holding company which owns the offshore account that feeds the money to the holding company that owns LUFC. :spank:

Plymouth 3-0 Portsmouth

Oldest Pompey player was 18 and they start the season on -10 as they are still in administration. It's going to be a looooong season.

Well, I don't want to be complacent or anything, but I expect MK Dons to walk League 1 this season.

I think we won't have to face the torture of the play-offs this year - our 3 main competitors wen't up last year, we can beat Sheffield United, we haven't lost anyone (and gained Alan Smith and possibly David Bentley) and the three relegated teams - well, one's got money problems, the other doesn't exactly give me nightmares, and the other has to play teenagers in order to not be liquidated. So I'm confident!!!

mjo

That's fair enough but the two teams that went up automatically last season - Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday - were absolutely terrible the season before so you could get a team who you wouldn't expect to be challenging to just pull it together for one season and win the league or come second. You might even get a promoted team like Crawley carrying on the momentum from the season before.

I'd rather have Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski than van Persie! Now I can picture Wenger stroking a white cat....

We've just beaten Australia 3-1. That's something I suppose. Jordan Rhodes scored so hopefully we've picked an English player with a Scottish granny who's actually decent.

The mighty Bristol City make it three years in a row that we have been dumped out of the League cup in the first round by a team from a lower league. We are nothing if not consistent. All the signs point to another long struggle to retain our place in the Championship.

FB, you muster be chewing your nails down to the bone over the latest Pompey news. Wonder when all those involved will realise that the club is on the floor and its time to stop kicking!

[rant]

I'm sick of players changing clubs in order to "win" trophies. Forgive me for my ignorance but if a team can win trophies without you, then how can you claim to have won these great prizes by jumping on the bandwaggon?

And, I'm sick of clubs paying unsustainable amounts for players. Let's face it - financial fair play is a load of hot air and the Premier League is For Sale to the person prepared to waste the most money.

[/rant]

Back
Top Bottom