Pre-Season Testing starts soon

I watched the video after that one above and it was a about the McLaren paint job one bloke said that they had managed to reduce the number of coats from seven down to four and a half, how the hell can you have half a coat of paint?

I suspect Red Bull are now chartering a plane to fly a new nose out to Jerez after Kvyat broke the only one they have.

Ted Kravitz described it on his note book this evening as: "Red Bull have sent Christian Horner's private plane back to Milton Keynes, well not Chrstian Horner's private plane but the private plane that Christian Horner uses, well erm Red Bulls plane... I'll get into trouble for that, has gone back to Milton Keynes to pick up a front wing and will be back overnight."

I suggest they pick up a couple while they are at it and I also suggest that Lotus brings a shed load to every session, Sauber have fixed their problem by getting rid of Sutil..

Last edited:
Is it true that none of the Merc customers have received the latest power units yet? If so, doesn't that automatically put them at a severe disadvantage relative to the works Merc team, in terms of both packaging and performance?

Well if they are not obliged to supply the new units at this time they are not going to are they, every little 'elps in the old days before the engine freeze no customer teams got the latest units they always had to manage with the out of date stuff..

Not much happening on track due to damp conditions but Lotus and Mercedes are having a bit of a twitter bromance going on. They're writing songs to each other at the moment. We need on track action.

Its been another good day for Ferrari, Sauber and Mercedes. Not such a good day for Red Bull. Some relief at McLaren that they managed to get some laps in but there would seem a long way to go.

Interestingly, from the pictures we've seen, only Mercedes seem to splashing on the Flo Viz paint. The question is, trouble with the aero, looking for conformation of CFD / wind tunnel predictions or routine development stuff?

laps.jpg

Courtesy of Sky.

It will be interesting to see what we get when people like Gary Anderson do some long run speed calculations.

It's as we discussed a while back though, the teams who are on their own in terms of engine development (Renault and Honda) are having the most trouble. Fascinating to see such an apparent turn around in Sauber's performance. And I bet the view looks awfully bad from where Fernando is sat.

I know it's just testing. But imagine that Ferrari could take the fight with Merc this year. The look on Alonso's face would be priceless.

Back
Top Bottom