Politics Syria

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Greenlantern101, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Why the hell aren't we doing something. :censored: politicians sitting around arguing about 'resolutions' whilst this mad man Assad is using tanks against his own people. What is the point of the UN if you allow in members that ally with evil dictators? Why isn't the vote on resolutions proportional? Why does it need all members to agree?

6000 killed in the last 11 months and we are sitting back and watching. Russia and China have the blood of the Syrian people on their hands as much as Assad.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Hear, hear.

4. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    No profits = no help.

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I agree that the UN should be doing more but remember all the problems the war in Iraq caused when the resolution was "interpreted" differently by the UK and the US compared to the rest of the World. Syria is strategically important in the Middle East to Russia and China, hence why they want their puppet to remain in control. The risk is we end up having a confrontation akin to Korea where there is a defacto war between the US and Russia fought by foreign armies.

I can understand the reluctance of politicians to dive in when there is global agreement but you do have to wonder why the Arab League isn't doing more. Qatar sent men, planes and equipment to Libya to support the rebels, Saudia Arabia and various other US supported nations have incredible defence capabilities why the hell don't they do more?

Also, don't forget, it is outside of the UN mandate to get involved in conflicts within a country or to try and orchestrate regime change. It's an appalling situation which needs resolving but I really do think the countries around Syria need to do more if they are serious about wanting stability in the region. Why is it always down to the West to resolve these things?

GeoffP and siffert_fan like this.
  6. ExtremeNinja

ExtremeNinja Karting amateur Contributor

The Syrian government has been found guilty of war crimes and indignity to it's people and the latest word is that the FIA are going to issue Lewis Hamilton and Filipe Massa with a three race ban to maintain balance in the region. :twisted:

teabagyokel likes this.
  7. Jen

Jen Here be dragons. Contributor

Because the West has always had the gun-boats?

8. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    The UN were able to help in Egypt. Why is Syria any different?

Is it because the Russians are enjoying seeing their tanks they sold Assad get some action. At least they are getting some ammunition sales from this bloodshed.

9. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Syria still owes the Russians billions for arms previously purchased.

10. tooncheese

tooncheese Hans Heyer Contributor

Russia and China are the most dictatorial and corrupt governments of the 5 with veto, so if they can crush other rebellions, they will discourage their own people from revolting.

11. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Indeed

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/09/news/international/russia_syria/

12. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17008597

The Arab league has ended all contact with Syria and said they will support the opposition.

Russia have said a peace keeping force cannot be sent until all violence has stopped. What ! Surely if all violence stops there is no need for a peace keeping force. Russia are not on this planet.

Hopefully the end is near now.

13. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Panorama special on tonight on the nightmare in Homs.

14. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Cease fire due Tuesday 10th. In some ways I hope it is carried out, in others I hope it fails so the UN can move to taking action on the ground in order to remove Assad.

Video of shelling 3 days ago, Assad getting his murdering in before the cease fire.

15. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    You mean Tuesday 10th.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  16. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

There are some conditions to this cease fire:

1) The rebels stop firing and hand over all their weapons.

2) The government keep all their weapons and the rebel's weapons as well.

3) The government keeps on firing.

jenov2003 and Greenlantern101 like this.
  17. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    News now reporting 9000 dead since the start of Assads murdering spree. Thats 3000 more since February.

18. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Assad - Tuesday !! the cease fire was Tuesday..
    Annan - YES it was Tuesday
    Assad - Oh dude my bad totally forgot
    Annan - You forgot to implement a UN resolution after assuring me the cease fire would happen
    Assad - Sorry man, you know what it was I was playing golf with my friends from the ministry of alterations.
    Annan - Alterations ?
    Assad - So anyway we should reshedule, shall we say Thursday.
    Annan - Yes a cease fire for Thursday would be excelent, and I have your assurance it will be implemented ?
    Assad - No problem I have a few appointments in the morning... and a lunch and some thing on in the evening but yes we can certainly get the cease fire set up for Thursday. Ok I have to go an important delivery from China has just arrived. Bye. CLICK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17673997

gethinceri likes this.
  19. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    The Syrians are playing a dangerous game shooting across the border into Turkey as this moves it from an "internal" problem to something outside countries can get involved in. I can't imagine the Turks will sit quietly as the Syrians bomb and shoot people crossing the border somehow.

20. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    I have booked a holiday in Turkey. I wonder if you can go on day trips to Syria.

21. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

i think that this is what you meant.

Greenlantern101 likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice