Site Suggestions & Updates

How do you mean Spesh?
I haven't changed that.

There was a problem with the cron file which meant the last logged in time wasn't being updated properly and hence "show new posts" was showing stuff from weeks or months ago.
Now it just shows new posts since you last logged in, which is what it did originally before the cron file became corrupt.

I have increased the number of posts displayed in a thread to 20 per page.

This is in preparation for some much larger changes that will be coming later in the year or early next year.

tooncheesef1 said:
I have a suggestion, could the poll on the main page seems not to have changed in a while, could we maybe have new polls every couple of weeks?
I actually aim to change it every week (Monday) and in fact the recent new teams one has been replaced with one on the Red Bull wing at Spa.
Admittedly though the same poll was left up for a while during the break - blame Maya for that :D

If anyone ever has any polls they would like creating then please post on this thread: Home page poll

*Cough* Hey, a lurker here. With the live timings app that FOM have kindly given us (at an extortionate price), I thought "Wouldn't it be great if I could see cliptheapex on my iPhone at the same time?" So did some searching and came up with these two -

http://www.forumrunner.net

and

http://www.messageforums.net/iphoneforu ... get=script

I have no idea how to run a forum so have no idea if it will be possible or anything or if there are better ones out there but heck, if FOM are going HD, why can't we go mobile?

:)

It works on mobiles and has been optimised for iPhone, etc. but a specific mobile version won't be available until later in the year.

Do you mean just a forum where people can post threads full of various random/related videos?

If that's something others would utilise I'm happy to set it up.

I'd like to see a media library of f1 vids, just youtube etc, that be v nice.

I would agree that would be great, but we may have to be careful due to copyright restrictions. There are some videos hanging around the site, but I would be wary about sticking them all in one easy-to-sue bundle!

I find when you go into a large forum post with many many pages it is illogical to be taken to page 1 which may of been posted months ago and be no longer relevant. For me it makes much more sense to be taken to the last post on the last page so you can see what the latest is on the subject. Is it possible to set this as the default ?

It's not possible to change the thread marking behaviour.

Clicking the thread title in most cases will take you to the first unread post.
If not, there should be a "Go To First Unread" button which should take you to the correct post, unless the last post is over 30 days old.

If the software was to track the unread status of every thread for every member, the database would be huge.

Back
Top Bottom