Site Suggestions & Updates

I have temporarily removed Chat from the main page until I can resolve the error that has suddenly appeared.

You can still view and use Chat by clicking on the appropriate link on the navigation bar here.

Another suggestion posted by my brother in the chat forums....

Members cars. Quite a good idea that one actually. I can upload pics of mine this evening.

(Yes it's only an Astra!)

Chris.

I've made some changes to chat.

I've removed the "Online List" and replaced it with Smilies.
One advantage of doing this is any hidden users will now remain hidden and will not appear in the list of users on the right hand side of chat.
Of course if you post a chat message whilst hidden then it will still show, as will your username on the left hand side.

Can you let me know which you prefer: the user list or the smilies?

Some of you may have noticed there have been quite a few changes to the site over the last week or so.

There is a new theme and colour scheme which is almost finished.
There still remain a few icons and other files to update but that should hopefully be finished next week.

The biggest change however is a new site logo and banner.
I would like to once again thank Gav for the many hours of work he has spent on this, not to mention the late nights and putting up with me constantly changing my mind :embarrassed:

An extra addition to the banner area is a clickable image on the right hand side which will periodically change.
It is currently set to the Singapore Street Circuit profile thread.

If anyone is using a monitor with a horizontal resolution of less than 1280 then the image on the right hand side will appear underneath the main banner.
It should however look something like this if it is being displayed correctly:

bannerpn5.png

The "Polls" sub-forum has been deleted and all of the posts moved to the F1 forum.

There is a new poll topic icon you can use - [imgname=http://cliptheapex.com/forum/images/topic_icons/poll.gif:2p1fu82h]Poll Topic Icon[/imgname:2p1fu82h] - so it is easy to identify which posts have polls.

There has been a major change to the forum.
The forum has been moved to the root directory.

The forum index path is now http://cliptheapex.com/index.php
It is possible that there are some broken links as a result of the move so if you notice any of them, please post them here so I can resolve them.

Thanks.

As a result of the move, the image paths have changed.
Anyone who was using one of the gallery avatars may have to set them up again.

I've done some of them, the ones I could remember but there are some that still require changing.

An image gallery has been added to the site.

I will be adding to this over time.

It can be found via the following link or by clicking on "Gallery" on the navigation bar: Image Gallery

To give the stat's threads more prominence, I have created a new category specifically for them.
I have also moved all the standings threads to it.

The new category can be found here: Race Control

If anyone ever has any suggestions or ideas concerning forum layout and structure then please do let me know.
All suggestions will be carefully considered before being summarily dismissed :D

Mustang said:
An option to use Image in the profile signature.
Sorry, but I made a conscious decisions not to allow images in signatures.

I've seen what happens to forums which does allow them - they can look a mess with the images taking up more space than the posts and it becomes difficult to read threads.

There have been a couple of suggestions from members for new sections recently.

The first is for some kind of trading section where members could buy, sell and trade motorsport related memorabilia.
Or anything else for that matter.

The second is for a book (and possibly DVD) section where members could recommend and discuss books, DVDs or other items with the occasional review.

Would either of these be of any interest?

Thanks to GM, an error has been identified with .bmp files when attached to a post. Thanks GM :thumbsup:

I have since discovered that the software can't handle .bmp files correctly as there is no size information embedded in the file, hence why those files are not displayed correctly and are wider than the forum.
This is a limitation of the .bmp file format and not the forum software.

I've deleted .bmp as an allowed extension to avoid the error in the future so now only .jpg, .gif or .png image file extensions are permitted.

You may be surprised to learn that I would be interested in a book/DVD review section Bro. A sales section might be good; any one got an Autocourse from 1981 or 1982 they want to sell? :D

Back
Top Bottom