Site Suggestions & Updates

There are some great new images in the gallery.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to upload their photos

Cheers for moving my gallery folders Brogan - you might want to check that all the permissions are right because I never seem to be able to add them in the right place!

No worries chap.
Stick them wherever and I'll move them into the appropriate category.

I still need to sort the gallery out so I'll try and do that tomorrow and check all the perms.
So much to do, so little time

Some nice shots there

Carry on like this and all your images will be the thumbnails for the main albums LOL

I was wondering if its possible in Calander to have just the event and the event time on a given data .. the extra lines with the date take up quite a lot of space when there are several entries for a day (like tomorrow 13th) and make it difficult to see all listings without scrolling.

What I mean is for example:
Race, Indycar Rd
12/18 Firestone Indy
From Sunday July 13 2008
To Sunday July 13 2008

I think it only needs:
Race, Indycar Rd
12/18 Firestone Indy
From 01.00 to 03.00

If it's simple, since the entry is already under the 13th July .. could we shorten the information listing to exclude the date and just have the times?

Don't mean to cause you more work Brogan .. only a suggestion if it's relatively simple to do. The main reason I ask is that I always like to see who's online .. and all the scrolling .. I'm very lazy :razz:

I'm afraid I have no control over how the calendar entries are displayed.
The only way to reduce the data is to create each entry as an "all day" event.
But that only saves 1 line.

All I can do is limit the number of characters by truncating the subject but that's not ideal and it doesn't stop the time and date from being displayed.

This is why I had the original settings for the Calendar which was the next 5 events.
The problem with that was on days with more than 5 events, the later events were missed.

I thought that may be the case, in which case its better being able to see all the events as you have currenly. Thanks

Just to let everyone know the breadcrumbs feature is now available.
You are now able to navigate through the forums using the links just below the site logo.

Also, email notifications are now working for posts and PMs.
These can be disabled in the User Control Panel if desired.

A new theme has been installed.
You can activate it via User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> My Board Style
It's not fully finished but it is useable.

As soon as I finish editing this theme I'll look for some more to add.

If anyone finds a validated phpBB3 theme they like, let me know and I'll try and get it installed.

Edit: I've deactivated it for now as it is causing too many errors due to missing elements. As soon as I solve the problems I will reactivate it.

I have added some avatars to the gallery.

Go to the User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Avatar and click on Display Gallery.

There are several different categories.

just wondering, will stuff like the wiki pages ans gallery be transfered over?? is it possible? will we ever see it again even if has to be started from scratch lol

I do plan to install Wiki again but I have to decide how to do it.

On the previous forum it had a modification called Portal installed.
It is Portal which allows you to install modules such as Wiki and Gallery.

That is only in Beta mode though and shouldn't really be used for a live forum.

What I might do is just install Wiki and Gallery elsewhere on the site and have a link to them from the forum navigation bar.

The old site is still down but as soon as it comes back up I will try and grab all the Wiki and Gallery files so we at least have them available.

They are on my To Do list but unfortunately it's a very big list and getting bigger by the day..... :D

I have modified the default theme so user data is now on the left.

If you prefer to have it on the right as it was originally, choose the ProsilverRight theme in your UCP.

The default theme has now been set to ProsilverDarkBlue.

If you wish to change your own theme back to the original colour, go to the UCP and select ProsilverOriginal.

Due to all the custom edits, I've had to remove all of the other styles except the default one.

It takes too long to edit 3 or 4 styles for each change.
Once I've sorted everything out then I'll look at reintroducing some of the other styles.

I have added the Calendar.
It still needs tweaking but it is useable.

I will attempt to recover the data from the old board but that's probably not going to be possible so please feel free to start adding events.

You can access it in a standalone page by clicking on the Calendar link in the navigation bar.

The good news is I've managed to recover the data from the old forum so all of the calendar events have been recreated.

Feel free to add any new ones.

Back
Top Bottom