Site Suggestions & Updates

Yes indeed, and the Driver Results one - sorry, a link and better description on my part might have been helpful.:embarrassed:

I was thinking of:
  • A final column showing champ position in the Driver Results table, and
  • A final column showing current season points totals in the two Points tables.
I think that should enable sorting by current champ order in all three cases.

The driver results one can't be sortable as the cell content isn't all numeric, there are also reasons such as Ret, -, etc., which means sorting doesn't work correctly.
I did originally have sorting but the cells with non numeric characters are sorted first/last so it was never possible to get 1-20.
I will revisit it and see if it's the same.

The bottom two I can add other columns to but it's quite a bit of work so I'll see if I can implement that for next season.

I am actually currently trying to learn php and develop an add-on, which will allow for automation of the featured thread block on the forum home page.

One of these days I may even get around to writing an add-on to automate the Race Hub pages...

Well I got bored with what I was doing so I added a total column to those two tables after all.

It's not perfect as the cell contents are center aligned, which can't be changed, but it works: http://cliptheapex.com/pages/2013-results/

I'm not sure what value it adds considering the standings are available here anyway but it's done: http://cliptheapex.com/pages/2013-standings/

I tried the sorting of the other tables again and then I remembered why it wasn't possible...
upload_2013-11-18_22-58-19.png

As you can see from the AUS column, as the cells are text formatted, they are sorted 1, 10, 11, 12.....2, 20, 21, 22, 3, and so on.

Unfortunately the Google API doesn't allow for alphanumeric cell content with intelligent sorting.

Last edited:
Can that be solved by writing the numbers as 01, 02, 03 etc. For Kovalainen would X or similar notation mean his entries where he didn't compete be sent to the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
Cool, good stuff. I guess the value for me is you can see easily how drivers have fared against their neighbours in the championship table over the course of the season. It's entirely possible that nobody else cares at all, but thanks for humouring me!

Now we have the featured threads making a regular appearance would it be feasible to award trophy points for getting it noticed? Would reward the intelligent threads as well as encouraging us to write more articles and keep the forum discussion going especially in these bleak winter months.

Oh, I see.
You want to post a link from somewhere on the site in a thread and it pulls some data?

What links/data?
Just trying to understand what needs to be done.

I'm thinking of when you post a link on Facebook it shows a screen shot from the website, like this:

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 21.57.07.jpg

So if you posted a link to Autosport, for example, it pulls up the headline and the image from the site.

Last edited:
So if you posted a link to Autosport, for example, it pulls up the headline and the image from the site.
Ah, that's not something I can control unfortunately.
It would require custom code to scrape the page and pull the content in.

Back
Top Bottom