Current Sergio Pérez

Sergio Perez Mendoza also known as 'Checo'. 21 years of age and 12 Grand Prix under his belt. Already has a contract for Sauber for next year, is part of the Ferrari driving acadamy, current favourite to replace Massa but what he didn't have was his own thread on Clip the Apex so I thought I'd sort him one out.

Won British Formula 3 at 18. Finished 12 in GP2 at 19. Finished runner-up in GP2 at 20. Made his GP debut at 21 and finished in the points only to be DQ'd later due to both Saubers breaking car regs. Had a big accident at Monoco and even chose to pull out of the Candian GP after realising he wasn't back to 100%. Has had 2 points finishes so far this season with his highest being a 7th place at Silverstone. Has been quite highly placed at both Spa and Monza in last couple of weeks but due to a tangle and a mechnical faiure didn't capitalise on it.

Has been beating his Team-mate Kobyashi reg in qualifying but has had difficulty translating that to the races. Sometimes you wonder if Perez suffers from Sauber tendency to try and make him do something different on the tyre strategy and whether he'd much rather just go for it and race with the pack. Having said that he has proved he has a head for strategy which could stand him in goodstead for the future.

Already impressed enough to get a second year with Sauber and is currently dueling with Paul Di Resta for the 'Rookie of the Year' award. What do you guys think of him? Star of the future or constant midfield runner?

Simulator work I'd assume, also meet the team and egineers, learn the personnel and company, general staff induction type of thing I'd imagine

I've been working with Williams recently and was really suprised about the driver training programs they offer as paid services. There are reams and reams of things that a team can do to help prep a driver for racing. Fitness, mind-management, technical learning, simulators and the list goes on a lot further than the obvious.

I don't think it works with everyone. Some drivers will overload on it, rebel against it, feel suppressed or inadequate from it. Sergio is entering the world of regime with his step up and it will be interesting to see how he handles it all.

Poor Perez, he hasn't sat in a McLaren yet and he has been vilified left, right and centre. I dread what is going to happen if he doesn't win every race next year.

Here you go peeps:

BAKSgVTCAAAoqkd.jpg-large%2B%2528820%25C3%2597679%2529.png

In all the debate about that stuff, I'd forgotten all about him! He had a somewhat eventful race, didn't he? I lost count of how many times he was overtaken and then re-took folk's. It seemed quite a lot but then it's hard to tell when so much of it was shown in replays as opposed to "when it happened". Looking forward to the overtaking stat's.:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom