Current Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Speshal, Apr 15, 2011.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Fia Said he had to attend nobody said anything about being sober & most entertaining most entertaining prize giving been in years

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Any event where there's free vodka or ice cream and Kimi is up for being there.

A Ferrari fact, apparently Ferrari were the only team to have both drivers in Q3 in all the races in 2018. That's no mean feat.

4. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    A little quizzical smile from Kimi there.

5. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Seb is inspecting his 2019 office, meeting with new TP and probably having decent Italian lunch as well. This is a week before car launch.

6. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

"Enemy" in my kitchen? Sebastian's brother Fabian signed up with Mercedes. Blasphemy.

I am looking forward to a meeting several years down the road when Fabian Vettel and Mick Schumacher meet on the same race track. Mick for now seems to have better grooming for higher league. Fabian needs help, but Seb has no time for him. Not now.

Sebastian Vettel's younger brother joins Mercedes

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  7. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Maybe it's a sign of things to come. Perhaps Seb will swap Ferrari red for Mercedes grey at some point, who knows?

8. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

I cannot overcome my feeling that if Leclerc drives well, Sebastian's contract is not going to be renewed. I am not going to drag this subject much further, since all is just speculation on my part, however if you have even very basic knowledge how to read body language, go back to unveiling of this year car. You could cut air with a desert knife. Pressure from (primarily Italian) media to replace Vettel I think was such, that Mr. Binotto felt necessary to make statement about teams's priorities and throw their support behind Sebastian quite early. Where Seb would go if he gets pushed out?
    Not sure, but I think early retirement would be at the top on his short list. With Hamilton in the team Mr. Wolff has no desire to have two Alpha-males on the same team. I think he already stated that much. Dr. Marko is of similar opinion, and as long Verstappen is on the RBR team, Seb will not be re-hired by them. I would give about 2% chance that they would change their mind.

9. Angel

Featured Threads:
    I think if young Charles does well Seb might decide to retire early, he's suggested he might do that before. Unless he and Hamilton do a seat swap, Seb is good friends with Toto Wolff as I understand it and they probably would like a German in their car. I don't know, it's all just theories right now isn't it?

I didn't see the Ferrari presentation, just a couple of pictures and did have to play where's Seb. I didn't take that too seriously though but you could be right. Only time will tell on that I guess.

10. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Don't forget that Vettel is by several media outlets being made responsible for loss of WDC over past two years. That charge, right or wrong, Ferrari cannot ignore forever. There is still an Italian race on the calendar and seats need to be filled. I had only machine translation of several articles from Italian newspapers, and tone was harsh if not downright nasty. I thought Arrivabene might have performed better job than he has done in PR arena.

11. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I’ve said before that Hammy and Seb could swap one day. Makes sense to me.

F1Brits_90 and Angel like this.
  12. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Never gonna happen vintly ;) hoping you are keeping that twenty warm for me.

vintly likes this.
  13. vintly

Featured Threads:
    You wish it was twenty RasputinLives :D We're at £50 mate.

Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 15.35.17.png

Mezzer and cider_and_toast like this.
  14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    So we are! Even more rain for me to make when you have to pay up.

Mezzer, cider_and_toast and vintly like this.
  15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I was quite wise it seems on the Kimi bet!

16. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Great minds and all that ;)

vintly likes this.
  17. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

In one recent interview with Sebastian I acquired understanding that he is no mood to ever drive for Mercedes. I gather then if he decide to switch teams, it will be a decision of his rather spontaneous in nature and in last moment. Perhaps Fabian might nudge him.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  18. vintly

Featured Threads:
    That was an easy one :)

19. vintly

Featured Threads:
    Could be. I’ll pretend to like rain though.

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Izumi
    Before we start any spying row between Ferrari, Mercedes and the Vettel brothers. I wonder if Vettel jnr has got a non disclosure clause in his contract from Merc

Judging by pre season testing Le Clerc will definitely push Vettel harder than Kimi. Vettel needs to start well to establish his status or he is going to face the situation Alonso did at Mclaren when Hamilton was rapid from the beginning and it will be much more difficult for him to be the team leader

Vettel's get out hope if he fails at Ferrari is get himself into Mercedes where the hierarchy yearn for a German world champion still even after Rosberg quit. That depends how the board will allow Toto run the team.. will it be alongside Hamilton ... I don't think he has choice if Ferrari give him the boot which is hypothetical at this point

Better for Vettel would be to replace Hamilton but then his likely teammate would be Ocon unless Bottas has a storming season which I remain unconvinced

21. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

I am in agreement with general acceptance of notion, that Leclerc is youthfully more aggressive than old Kimi is, thus I find plausible all predictions that Sebastian will have to fight his wars on his own. Hamilton, despite Mr. Wolff's crocodile tears, will receive support from meek Bottas, as we witnessed in the past. I am stretching my memory, yet I am failing to recall a single case in past decade when Vettel would receive track assistance from his teammate similarly Bottas was helping Hamilton in recent races. For one reason or another, it has never come to fruition. Leclerc will look after his own future. For now they chatting offtrack about car characteristics, and that's where it will probably end.

I neither accept or want to hear about someone being "a leader" in a team. What even that means and how is it exhibited in environment in which drivers compete agaist each other?

Mt. Lauda, who still hold his role within Mercedes AMG hierarchy was strongly opposed to team up Hamilton with another Alpha male. "Its not worth the trouble", said he. I am unable to rationalize this argument, but I have difficulty to envision Seb driving for Mercedes. I could be however wrong, if the job is offered, and at home his partner, brother Fabian, and neighbor (Mr. Wolff) try to convince him. Anything can happen then.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice