Schumacher Injured

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by teabagyokel, Dec 29, 2013.

1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Regardless of the state of his brain he will need significant rehab for the amount of muscle mass he will have lost whilst in the coma.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. mjo

mjo Procrastinating Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    A somewhat pessimistic outlook:
    http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/good-news/

4. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Pessimistic, but unfortunately true.

5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    A very interesting view, realistic from his point of view yet not what people want to hear.

6. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

They say no news is good news well that is bollocks because this is news and it is good...

7. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    ... well ... not bad as such. Maybe mellow? At least it's a bit of news lest we forget about him:thinking:.

8. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    But the good news is that he's no longer in intensive care!

9. The Artist.....

Featured Threads:
    The news we've heard reminds me of Michael Watson, sadly... Although he has recovered a lot of what he lost... But is no longer the same person!

10. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

I'm still somewhat confused by this latest news because, as Gary Hartstein says, it was announced in April by Michael's manager Sabine that Michael was out of a coma, and it was reported a few days ago that he was being moved to rehab at an unspecified location. So what's actually new?

11. Mephistopheles

It's been confirmed, whereas before it was just speculation..

But like The Artist..... said he could end up like Mike Watson or Eddie Kidd.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  12. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Seems very strange and somewhat cruel that they would release what should supposedly be good news with so few accompanying details. I can't help but think this misleading and eventually detrimental for his biggest supporters.

13. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Indeed. It's a quite bizarre management of the public relations and I don't understand why it should be so. I do understand the family's desire for privacy but when someone has generated such adulation in their fans there is some degree of responsibility for their feelings as well. It's easy for some of us to let go but it must be pretty hard on Michael's most avid supporters and there's an awful lot of them all over the planet.

14. The Artist.....

Featured Threads:
    Given how much the BBC and F1 teams went to town on this announcement, I have to conclude that they know more than they are saying, and it genuinely is good news......

15. F1Yorkshire

F1Yorkshire Avatar for sale to the highest bidder Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    It seems as if someone has got sick of the lack of news about Schumacher and has stolen his medical records from the hospital and is now reportedly selling them to the media.

I'm hoping for some ethical media action now by them refusing to take this ill gotten information. As much as I want to know what's going on with his condition it is down to the family and Doctors to release the information not some money grabbing scumbag.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/06/23/stolen-files-offered-to-media-says-schumachers-management/

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    siffert_fan and Fenderman like this.
  16. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Presumably one of the tabloids will publish, claiming that it is "in the public interest". All the others will be up in arms about it, but it will come out that they all made a bid. <cynical smiley>

17. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

I'd be surprised if any of the mainstream media in the UK went near this stolen information with a barge pole, particularly as the "hacking" trial rumbles on. I can't really see what compelling information could be contained in the medical notes anyway that we can't already infer. Some of the German tabloids have proved themselves to be the very lowest of the low, and that's where the greatest interest is, so if anywhere it'd crop up there.

18. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    If it's true, then there are some really weird, sick ,minds out there.

19. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I'd like to share your optimism of human nature rufus_mcdufus , but when I googled for news on the story the first UK media that cropped up was the daily mail. I wouldn't put it past them...

Bill Boddy likes this.
  20. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    hopefully the pilfering of medical records is prosecutable. If it is, the thief should be imprisoned, not merely fined.

21. Mephistopheles

Surely it would have to be someone who works at the hospital who did the pilfering otherwise how would they know where to look for the records and how would they gain access? Even if it were an outside job they would still need inside help to pull it off..

Titch likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice