Rubens Barrichello

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by FB, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Through and through Rubens didn't do bad at all, he ever lead one lap I think. I really hope to see him taking more risks going forward.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I feel certain that Rubens wanted to run with low downforce, but his mechanics fitted high downforce without telling him and they were all "blah blah blah".

RickD likes this.
  4. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    At Indy you really don't want to be in the wall.

Perhaps he was wishing it had been him behind the wheel of a Williams in Catalunya. I know I was.

Fenderman likes this.
  5. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

Rubens didn't take risks and Sato did, look who finished higher. I wish he would have been racier in the last 20 laps or so because thats when its time to start really going after it. Until then you just need to stay on the lead lap and get some good track positioin which he did pretty well.

Galahad I was wishing it was him behind the wheel at Monaco so we didn't have to put up with any of Maldonado's nonsense.

Galahad likes this.
  6. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

Reading what Rubens said in the post-race press conference I think I may have been a bit harsh on him and teabagyokel was right about the team playing it safe with his car despite what he might have wanted.

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...ers-top-rookie-press-conference/?v=2&s=1&i=24

7. F1 Shift.net

F1 Shift.net Points Scorer

Got to quickly meet Rubens tonight at an Indycar event. Very nice guy and signed some F1 memorabilia for me. rubens.jpg

8. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Is it me or does Rubens have a very large noggin'?

9. ExtremeNinja

ExtremeNinja Karting amateur Contributor

If he was in my class at school I would have called him "Ideas" as his head looks like a lighbulb.

RickD likes this.
  10. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    In my school we'd have called him "that Spanish kid with the big head."

11. F1 Shift.net

he's a member of the high forehead club

12. ZakspeedYakspeed

ZakspeedYakspeed NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Just like a lot of his career... a lonely and distant second behind James van der Beek... the king of forehead real estate...

F1 Shift.net likes this.
  13. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    The Pits

I'd say Rubens has been pretty solid. I haven't seen every race, but he's usually running around/just outside the top 10. He's clearly still adjusting though, and I'm sure improvements aren't far away.

But as I alluded to in the Massa thread, race wins for the smaller teams are very few and far between in the IRL. If Tony Kanaan cant find a way to win for KV, it'll be a tall order for Rubens to do so.

14. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Thanks KekeTheKing I don't get to see a lot of Indy so I kinda lost track.

The point I was trying to make was relating massa's potential to rubens performances.

Anyways, shouldn't stray off topic....

15. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    If anything, I'd say Massa would be in a worse off position if he ventured to the IRL. With the all new chassis-engine combos this year, the entire field has had some adjustments to make, which has probably benefited Rubens to a small degree. Felipe would not have this advantage a year on.

16. HammydiRestarules

HammydiRestarules Di Resta fan :). Contributor

Awww this piccie Rubens tweeted is adorable :).
    http://twitter.com/rubarrichello/status/222850752161398784/photo/1

Jos the Boss and Fenderman like this.
  17. F1 Shift.net

Rubens will be racing in Brazilian Stockcar for 2013. Rumors of him remaining in Indycar and even returning to F1 at Caterham did not come true obviously. Too bad, I was really hoping to see him back in the seat of an F1 car.

18. downforce

downforce Race Winner

lol I'd love this to be true, doubt it though!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110287

Jos the Boss likes this.
  19. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Rubens return would be funny. He did say anything Michael could do he could do too.

20. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

I hope they took Rubinho!

21. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives - He often was able to drive exactly as Michael did in the final third of a race by following the movement of his rear wing precisely.

Fenderman likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice