Rubens Barrichello

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by FB, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

That's funny.......I felt the same way about Nigel when he came over here to race in the Indycar series, and even though being a big fan of Mario.

gethinceri likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
  4. Clinton

Clinton Rookie

http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/s...ens-barrichello-seeking-sponsors-indycar-move

5. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

First time in 20 years Barrichello hasn't been at a test

6. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

It seems as though, Emerson Fittipaldi has warned Rubens about the danger of American oval racing, when he said, " today Indy is different to when I drove the risk is higher, but it is a risk that he knows he will need to take. "

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-rubens-barrichello-to-announce-plans-next-week

7. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I don't know what would lead Emmo to that conclusion. The cars, especially the new model, are safer than when he raced. Plus the wall has been modified to make it less lethal as well.

KekeTheKing and Clinton like this.
  8. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    The only things that might be less safe are the drivers.

GermanF1, KekeTheKing and Clinton like this.
  9. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    It's a go for Rubinho in the IRL. Joe Saward is reporting that he'll be doing a full season for KV Racing.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/rubens-lands-in-indycar/

I am thrilled about this. Can't wait to see how Rubens stacks up against Franchitti and Castroneves. Indy needed a good story like this one.

10. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Sweet, go Rubinho!

Fenderman and GermanF1 like this.
  11. ExtremeNinja

ExtremeNinja Karting amateur Contributor

If he goes to Indycar, I would predict him to be a driver safety ambassador within 1 year.

Fenderman likes this.
  12. Cookinflatsix

Cookinflatsix Banned

I remember when Mansell went over there and everyone was like 'he will damage himself' , 'its real dangerous for an F1 driver', 'Ovals with concrete walls are hard compared to dainty F1 with its off camber corners and chicanes'

Nigel fairly wasted them all and won the whole thing, I am sure Rubinho and his experience will be ok

13. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Nigel DID damage himself!

Anyway, hurrah for Rubens. With a new car for everyone he could upset the established teams, at least on the road courses.

lewymp4, Fenderman and GermanF1 like this.
  14. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    As did Emmo, Nelson Piquet snr and a whole host of other drivers. I wish Rubens well and hope nothing untoward happens to him, he's too nice a bloke.

lewymp4 and Fenderman like this.
  15. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    The 2012 IRL Schedule is very Road/Street course heavy. There are only 3 proper Super Speedway races.

Fenderman likes this.
  16. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Wishing Rubens lots of luck. He isn't "too old" in State-side racing terms so shouldn't have to put up with negative ageist crap from the pundits and media. He can just get on with the job.

17. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

GOOD!!!

18. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

I'm not a big fan of the IRL, the only races that I watch are the Indy 500, and the race at Road America, which is my favorite track here in the states. I definitely will follow the series now more intently, because of Rubins involvement!

gethinceri likes this.
  19. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

Rubens in his element.

Rubens.jpg

20. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

I hope Barrichello's IndyCar career continues to go well, but at the Indy 500 he was driving with "a little more downforce than most, to make sure [he] was comfortable and safe", which would presumably also make him slightly slower than the rest. Now I can kind of understand that given the dangers of ovals, it being Barrichello's first oval race and wanting to race in the notorious Indy 500, but if you're not willing to risk pushing to the car's maximum potential perhaps you shouldn't be racing there and just don't do ovals.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/indycar-...d-to-be-rookie-of-the-year/?forceDesktop=true

Jen likes this.
  21. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He did just win Rookie of The year though which is funny at his age!

KekeTheKing, Viscount and Jen like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice