Ross Brawn

"The Bear."

After successes in Sportscars with Jaguar, Ross Brawn moved to Formula One with Benetton, where his strategical understanding of how to use refuelling pitstops effectively helped Michael Schumacher to his first two titles. He then moved to Ferrari, helping Schumacher to another 5 titles, before going on a sabbatical for 2007.

He showed up at Honda in 2008, quickly deciding to abandon the season in favour of being the best placed to capitalise on the 2009 rule change. Though Honda pulled out, Brawn GP (as they became) had easily the best car at the start of the season, largely due to the Double Diffuser loophole Brawn had pointed out to the FIA and the FIA had decided to ignore. This allowed Jenson Button to rack up enough points early on that the inevitable decline of the under-budgeted team failed to cost them either title.

Enter Mercedes. Schumacher came out of retirement to join Brawn, but he has thus far been outperformed by his team-mate Rosberg. Has Brawn allowed sentiment to woo him?

The biggest credit I think you can pay to Brawn, though, is that the leading two cars after a major regulatory rethink have been from the teams containing him and Adrian Newey. And that is quite the company to keep.

Personally I would really like to see him go to a smaller team and try and turn around their fortunes. Brawn to Marussia. You heard it here first.

Ross Brawn to another team requires him to a very senior person like team principal

What Mercedes is thinking is bonkers but they are saying Toto does all the business stuff whilst Paddy Lowe is in charge of the F1 team

Its just nothing more than a job title

- basically Paddy Lowe ( Ross Brawn ) to Toto Wolf ( Jean Todt)

because Mercedes have got so many senior engineers they need to give Paddy the title that makes him the most senior in the team

Last edited:
Jos the Boss - Well, they're following in the exhalted footsteps of... Toyota!

and Jaguar. What a great job that team did with the might of a huge company like Ford behind it. Remind me again which ex F1 champion made a hash of that one? Also didn't the team come into being by buying a succesful small team named after its owner?

In the words of Shirley Bassey "its all just a little bit of history repeating"

As I recall, they had a great season in white cars with Barrichello and a previously underwhelming British driver at the wheel...

Does that mean Mercedes are going to end up like Red Bull?

So Autosport are now reporting Lauda insists Brawn is not definietly leaving after all.
I love the way they have written the BBC bit in italics like it's a swear word & beneath them...hee hee
I guess we won't know until he doesn't appear in the Mercedes garage next year (or pops up in a Marussia/Williams/McLaren* t-shirt)

*other F1 teams are available

BRawn and Newey are nemesis to each other due to battles between them in rival teams spanning Williams vs Benetton then Williams Vs Ferrari

Mclaren vs Ferrari

Red Bull vs Brawn

I'd very much doubt Red Bull would hire Brawn and reduce Adrian's Newey unless they get rid of Christian Horner now there's a thought FB

Maybe Ross would put Vettel in his place more sternly

Conflicting stories

- Lauda say's BRawn's future not decided until Brazil now

ALso Williams have denied they are interested in BRawn

Maybe Ross would put Vettel in his place more sternly

I dunno, I think Horner put him in his place quite effectively:

korean-gp.jpg

That place.

teabagyokel Yeah because he is the trumpet blower

I always see Horner as leading a Vettel parade banging drums and blowing a trumpet with his spiel " Fantastic Seb ..you are 1 time , 2 times. 3 times , 4 times world champion! "

Back
Top Bottom