Romain Grosjean

Was drafted into F1 with not an ounce of testing and replaced Nelson Piquet Jr in the middle of 2009 when he was possibly on route to becoming the GP2 Champion that season, which went to Nico Hulkenburg.

In his 7 races in F1 he failed to impress and the no in-season testing rule didn't help his course. Plus having Fernando Alonso as his teammate couldn't have helped either.

In 2010 Grosjean went to do Auto GP, before returning back to GP2 on July 20th for a few guess appearances for DAM'S. But in 2011 Grosjean was given a full-time drive by DAM'S for the 2011 GP2 series and went on to become the 2011 GP2 Champion.

My question is will Grosjean get a drive for 2012? Plus how far can this guy go if he gets into F1?

Whoops my bad.

I was going off the BBC website which has a Swiss Flag next to his name. Did when he was in Friday practice at the end of last year too. Maybe someone should tell the BBC

Grosjean is Swiss.But he competes using a French licence.Simple as that.

He holds duel nationality yes. But in 08 he raced under a French flag but it appears from the BBC graphics he's now racing under a Swiss flag. If that is correct I wondered what made him decide to change the nation he represented.

He holds duel nationality yes. But in 08 he raced under a French flag but it appears from the BBC graphics he's now racing under a Swiss flag. If that is correct I wondered what made him decide to change the nation he represented.

Beeb are wrong, FIA consider him French.

Thats what'll play when he hits the podium, so thats what nationality I'm stereotyping him.

On an unrelated matter does anyone want to buy two cuckoo clocks, a Toblerone and a multi-purpose knife?

Grosjean faster than Kimi in both sessions again. I know its only practice but you have to give him props for the consistancy especially as their was a large section of people who thought Kimi was going to blow him out of the water!

Grosjean faster than Kimi in both sessions again. I know its only practice but you have to give him props for the consistancy especially as their was a large section of people who thought Kimi was going to blow him out of the water!

I don't think I have heard a single person say that. I'm impressed by Grosjean. I expected him to be quick. The unknown quantity for me was Raikonen, in that I didn't know which one we would get. I've definitely missed any speculation about Kimi blowing Roman out of the water though.

I don't think I have heard a single person say that. I'm impressed by Grosjean. I expected him to be quick. The unknown quantity for me was Raikonen, in that I didn't know which one we would get. I've definitely missed any speculation about Kimi blowing Roman out of the water though.

Was suggested in some quarters. To quote Jos the weather man "what on earth have Lotus signed Grosjean for" - lol.

I think a lot of people judged Grosjean on his 2009 set of races.

I think he might have the legs on Kimi for the season actually - I'm the only one thinking that by the judge of the Team Mate prediction thread though! lol

Was suggested in some quarters. To quote Jos the weather man "what on earth have Lotus signed Grosjean for" - lol.

I think he might have the legs on Kimi for the season actually - I'm the only one thinking that by the judge of the Team Mate prediction thread though! lol

I can't remember who I went for. I hope it was Grosjean or I might sound a little hypocritical. It is my current reckoning, anyway.

I can't remember who I went for. I hope it was Grosjean or I might sound a little hypocritical. It is my current reckoning, anyway.

You two and AlexM were the only TMP Grosjeanistas.

While I wouldn't have thought he would be quicker than Kimi over an entire season, having watched him win GP2 Asia and GP2 titles I certainly came to the conclusion that he is a very quick and capable driver. He certainly derserves his place in F1 on pure merit alone, certainly more than a few of the current crop of drivers in F1. The only question is how much Lotus can keep developmental pace with the big boys, I think that will be key to consistent points.

Quoting Jos the Boss is never really solid evidence :p

Always thought Remain Gross Jeans was good and was in a bad position for a rookie to jump at that moment of time at a really negative Renault environment.

Beeb are wrong, FIA consider him French.

Beeb are right, he is Swiss, born Geneva, Switzerland. Still lives there.

The fact that all motorsport is illegal in Switzerland means that he had to acquire his Superlicence in France, and that his entire motor-racing career has been spent with Renault, he has as a result therefore, and for technical reasons, been incorrectly labelled "French".

His Superlicence is French, he isn't. (I imagine that similar held true for Clay Regazzoni, Jo Siffert, Sebastian Buemi,...)

The fact that the FIA and the F1 website and others who follow along like sheep can't tell a lovely bright red Swiss passport from the nondescript maroon Euro document is their problem.

The fact that all motorsport is illegal in Switzerland .

Hill climbs and some rallying is allowed.

His Superlicence is French, he isn't. (I imagine that similar held true for Clay Regazzoni, Jo Siffert, Sebastian Buemi,...)

Therefore he is a French driver, Buemi has a Swiss superlicense. Benetton started out English and then became Italian. I would expect that Romain told the FIA which to put him down as.

Silly thing to disagree on, so shall we leave it where we both think we are right?

I thought Grosjean is racing under the French flag for commercial reasons much the way Nico Rosberg started out using the Finnish flag but then changed to racing under German flag when in GP2

Back
Top Bottom