Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

I really wonder about Kubica... hope he proves me wrong... really hope so..

10:38 Grosjean's had a lock-up at Turn 1 and been through the asphalt run-off area.
10:42 Kubica's been to the same garden fence shop as Gasly, but he has two pieces behind the front wheels, whereas Red Bull placed one giant piece in front of the left rear.
On this board are some really nice and polite people. In not too distant past I've been more direct what I think about this experiment, and boy, what a feedback that was. My back is still sore of it.

On this board are some really nice and polite people. In not too distant past I've been more direct what I think about this experiment, and boy, what a feedback that was. My back is still sore of it.
well, he had a few more spins... getting into the groove I guess

Kubica should just retire. He is trying way too hard over his age and body limits.
He only has himself embarrassed. 2 more races like Melbourne's results and he will look pathetic.

You can't blame Kubica for wanting to get back to the sport he loves, you can blame Williams for letting him loose in the car if he's got serious limitations. It was a sad sight watching him in Australia and you have to wonder if this continues how long Williams will allow it to go on.

I hope it was a blip and he's different in Bahrain, I wouldn't bet that he will be though sadly.

he come into this unprepared as he says himself. apparently the wing change on 1st lap got some aerodynamic damage to the car. which on that williams is not the best

With RK's arrival back in F1 I'm trying to think of the last driver before him who was bald. I keep coming back to Denny Hulme, has there been one since? Was Teo Fabi a bit thin on top?

Niki Lauda?

To be fair on old Bobby with his wing damage on the first lap he was 1m 11s behind the field by lap 2. If you look at field spread Russell was 15s down after lap one meaning he was 56s in front due to the car damage. Lets call a Williams lap a 1m 30 so he gained 34s on Kubica over a race distance. That's around half a second a lap (not taking into account damage or blue flags) which is still a sound beating but not a ridiculous amount. Kimi.was about that in front of Giovanazzi.

I'm not defending him by the way just looking at it realistically. Also remember that Russell is not just any rookie. GP3 champion and F2 champion plus regular Merc seat time.

Still Kubica has his work cut out

With RK's arrival back in F1 I'm trying to think of the last driver before him who was bald. I keep coming back to Denny Hulme, has there been one since? Was Teo Fabi a bit thin on top?

Jacques Villeneuve, Mika Salo and David Coulthard shaved their heads once I think. It was something to do with a bet or a dare I'm not sure which it was now but I do recall it happening. Anyway, that is not the same as being naturally bald, obviously, but they were for a while.

Again, 1 day too Old, 1 hair too Bald and, 1 hand too Less.
I say this because I like the guy and I want him to stop embarrassing himself...

Again, 1 day too Old, 1 hair too Bald and, 1 hand too Less.
I say this because I like the guy and I want him to stop embarrassing himself...
I don't think he feels that way in that he feels he said he had no regrets. I personally feel he did what he could given the circumstances, he's driving the worse car of the grid and consequently he arrived last, his teammate was one lap ahead true but he has second last nonetheless. I remember reading somewhere in an interview something along the following lines: "On the first lap, when I could drive the car ...". Obviously he needs to improve and he will but there's only so much he can do when the car he has at his disposal is "under-developed"

I don't think he feels that way in that he feels he said he had no regrets. I personally feel he did what he could given the circumstances, he's driving the worse car of the grid and consequently he arrived last, his teammate was one lap ahead true but he has second last nonetheless. I remember reading somewhere in an interview something along the following lines: "On the first lap, when I could drive the car ...". Obviously he needs to improve and he will but there's only so much he can do when the car he has at his disposal is "under-developed"
I know what you mean.
From where I see it though, Bad Car is one thing, but to be beaten by a rookie in the same bar car conditions by over a lap is brutally shame. Not to mention hitting the pit exit etc., A 'Bad car ' excuse is not cutting it for him. It only shows he is not supposed to be there any longer and he is a waste of car seat.
Sorry.

The blame should be at Williams door if this is going to force him into retirement. The seat is becoming a poison chalice for experienced drivers which is what Williams need

Not sure what WIlliams were expecting from Kubica if he has been away from F1 for so long .. I mean Renault did not take him when he tested with them so there are obvious reasons for them doing it.

Kubica - really has only one main goal and that is to beat Russell this season because anything less would be a message that he had better stay retired

Its 10 years since he was within 5 laps of winning the same race before he crashed with Vettel and endured a season of disappointment at BMW. How his career could have been so different then?

Last edited:
He hasn't beaten Russel in all races, qualy,and even in the free practices.
You are OLD, BALD and Disabled ! Enough Excuses Robert - RETIRE now !

Back
Top Bottom