Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

siffert_fan - I don't think Hamilton has many fans at his PR firm, what with the Ali G stuff, slagging off trophies, H.A.M. etc. I tend to think Rosberg is far more a good PR boy; it was he who took time out to thank the sponsors on the podium in Malaysia.

I wish him well in his new endeavor. I have always thought that his injury deprived F1 of one of its potential greats. I am just glad that he has been able to continue racing in other areas.

I have to admit that I still miss RK. I truly believe that he would have been a WDC and, most likely, a multiple one. I loved his self-effacing attitude ( a REAL rarity in today's F1) and his prodigious talent.

I am certainly glad that he continues to compete, as I have been following WRC as never before since he moved there. I have always considered rally drivers to be the most talented in the world (no matter what F1 claims) and am enjoying WRC races more each year.

Unfortunately, WRC is a relative backwater in motorsport, so he will never receive the recognition that he deserves, much the same as Zanardi (the last driver I have truly idolized (because of the way he has handled his injuries) although he competed in other series).

WRC is a prime example of a sport we forgot because it moved away from terrestrial TV, well I think it did, I couldn't tell you when it's on TV now, or the last time I watched it?

This coming from someone who knew the routes through Haigh Hall's Plantation Gates in Wigan, to watch evening rallying through the woods when the British Rally used to run through there in the early 80's.

Wondering if F1 realise what they're doing?

Last edited:
I was on Facebook saw a post about Robert Kubica & also on the back of Alex Zanardi amazing gold medal thinking about injuries

Dont mean this to sound horrible. But i still dont like seeing news of Kubica Motorsport Career. Because i still cant get rid of the disappointment of what couldve been. As i really liked him & if their was a list he must near the top of a list of most unfulfilled talent As kubica was a certain world champion (maybe multiple) in waiting until his rally accident. The way he could put a car like that 2010 renault in places it had no right to be. I genuinely always had him as in the class of alonso & lewis

Robert Kubica: "mixed feelings" on first F1 test since injury

Kubica said "I'm proud with what I achieved but also it shows what I've lost,"

This comment in particular:

'the limited movement in his right arm had meant he was not able to turn a steering wheel sufficiently in the tight confines of an F1 cockpit to be able to drive on all the tracks on the calendar.'

Has got me wondering if Palmer is about to be replaced, as a broken Bobby K is faster than him, and Monaco, which is the most demanding in terms of lock is over...

kubica_paw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom