Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

Kubica reiterates he will remain unable to return to F1 so long as its cockpits are so confining, unless the dexterity of his injured hand/arm improves markedly. A sharp left-hand turn, such as Monaco's Lowe's hairpin, requires he use his upper arm and shoulder to manipulate the steering wheel. The steering wheel clearance is so tight in an F1 far, they resort to making cut-outs in the upper deck to accommodate the driver's knuckles when their hands are gripping the wheel.

It's over and we all just need to accept it. Just one of those things, at least it's not like the old days when a driver leaving in his prime was usually because he'd been killed. Just one more of those "what if" situations ...

Yep, he's gonna be back in F1 for sure. In a Mercedes, next season. No, a Ferrari. No, a Mclaren. No, a.......
"Doctors and luck". Yeah, right Robert, I'm investing.

Last edited:
If at some point he declares himself ready I don't think he'll have difficulty finding someone to give him a two year old car to play around with for a day, and after that who knows what could happen.

I. for one, still can't wait for RK or, more probably, someone like him, to come (back) onto the F1 scene. He was a breath of fresh air in F1 IMO. Today's drivers seem to be as much a product of public relations firms as they are of driving schools, with Hamilton, IMO, being the ultimate example. They all bounce every single word off their lawyers and public relations reps before making any kind of statement, and , as a result (at least to me) are as engaging as a shampoo salesman.

How I long for the old days of "PC correctness be damned, speak the truth"!

Back
Top Bottom