Current Renault

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    This will now force the teams into an adversarial position with the FIA. Henceforth they will be EXTREMELY reluctant to share ANY technical info with the FIA, as they cannot be sure that the latter won't disseminate such info with other teams.

This can't bode well for the sport.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Renault have offered to extend the gardening leave. I wouldn't have done it, as statutory gardening leave intends it to be 3 months at maximum.

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    This worth a read although I'm not sure all of Renault's woes can be placed at Flabio's door.

Renault's power deficit? It's Briatore's fault, says Abiteboul

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Well FB when Flav thought there was going to be an engine development freeze he took the wording deliberately and laid off people who were developing the engines which Renault have been playing catch up.

The fault can be all laid at his door though seeing Renault divested into other forms of motorsport and were not fully committed to F1 solely
    Then again when the powertrain regulations came in , Renault did not seem to have seized the opportunity when it was there . I thought their engines did look like they were coming back to the front in 2012-13 when both Lotus and Williams enjoyed wins aside from Red Bull.

When Renault are fully committed they usually get it right

6. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Is it not about time we lost this from the title.

(formerly Lotus, Team Enstone)

7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Better?

8. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Hmm. no.

I just think they are a genuine works team with the stability that brings and it's rather unfair to label them along with everyone else that has been in the factory.

9. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think the Enstone badge was worth leaving on. They are better than a 'works team' they are a racing team who have a history of being competitive stretching back to 1992 (further but not from the Enstone site) with some staff there still going back to that time.

It may be Renault at the moment but if they suddenly left like they did before then the team would go on just under a different name.

10. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    I approve of the new title. Sorry if I am being the fun police on this one.

11. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I don't think you're the arbiter.

12. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I think that if we have Renault as team Enstone, then we would also need to have Mercedes as “Team Brackley”- given that this entity has been BAR, Honda, Brawn and Mercedes... (and of course the entry was bought from Tyrrell)

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Just read that Renault have only 1 point less so far this season than they scored all season last year. Shows what a good driver combo can do.

I wouldn't be totally surprised in a sneak Renault victory in a crazy race. Maybe not this but could be next.

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives I hope its Hulkenberg that gets it because he's been far more impressive

You might say dropping Palmer was a good thing

15. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If any one doesn't think dropping Palmer was a good thing they must be off their noodles.

It was clear from the first time he turned a wheel in F1 that he didn't have it.

16. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    It does not say much for K Mag who did not really put away Palmer

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  17. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    K mag is very overrated.

Galahad likes this.
  18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Really? I think he's under rated. I think he had a crisis of form after being ditched by McLaren and we're finally seeing his true potential this year.

19. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    He is a midfield driver and will never be anything else.

20. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    That's a bold statement. After he finishes in motorsport he could be anything he wants. A commentator, actor, singer, anything really.

21. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    An actor?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice