Television Red Dwarf

Series 8 was a total sell out. It was actually made to sell to America with the hope they would pick it up and even run with a film. It was of course the worst series of the lot. No surprise the whole lot was cancelled after Series 8. canis I totally agree series 1 and 2 when there is next to no budget resulted in the best writing.

I am almost ashamed to admit it, but I also liked another low-budget (in this case VERY low-budget) series--Blake's 7. It would be rather difficult for that one to be resurrected though, as they killed everyone off!

Blakes 7 was class, and it is great to see the familiar faces as they pop up elsewhere!

I agree about the charm being in the low budget nature, where the comedy really has to stand on its own. I think to a degree, the same can be said about lots of programs, while they are small, low rating things that get talked about, in the playground, common room or workplace, and find a small and enthusiastic fan base they are great, then they get too popular and feel the need to start trying to appeal to wider audiences, and lose the essence of the magic.

Breaking news DC get role as Kryton for new series of Red Dwarf.

Coulthard01.jpg

I've been watching the catch up on Dave to get myself ready for the new series but I'm slightly confused.

What happened to series 9? Back to Earth was done as a special but is that supposed to be 9?

Isn't that the one where they are all on a reconstructed red dwarf and in prison and you didn't know if they were in a computer reality program or not? If so it was pretty lame.....

Anyway at least now I know why Lloyd was absent from corrie for a while....LOL

What happened to series 9? Back to Earth was done as a special but is that supposed to be 9?

I had wondered about that myself when they announced it.
Did some investigating, BTE was series 9. Originally broadcast as 3 episodes but made to be viewed as 1 feature length episode.

Can't wait for Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom