Races Entered 107
Race Wins 15
Pole Positions 20
Fastest Laps 12
Driver World Championships 1
Constructor World Championships 1

Team History

Before Red Bull

In 1997 Paul Stewart, aided by his father Jackie and the Ford Motor Company, made the leap from F3000 to F1 as an entrant. Jonny Herbert won 1 race for the Stewart team before it was sold off to Ford who re-branded the cars as Jaguar.

Ford stuck with it through thick and thin (mainly thin) through to the end of 2004 before selling the team to Dietrich Mateschitz, who owns the Red Bull drinks brand, for $1 on the understanding he invested $400 million over 3 years

Red Bull Racing

With Christian Horner installed as team principal, McLaren refugee David Coulthard and Christian Klien as the drivers Red Bull went racing. Their first season was certainly more successful than Jaguar had managed, even with the same Cosworth power plant, with Coulthard managing a 4th place at the European Grand Prix and the team finishing 7th in the Constructors Championship.

Adrian Newey joined from McLaren as chief designer for 2006 and Red Bull swapped to Ferrari engines. Coulthard managed a podium at his "home" race in Monaco prompting Christian Horner to jump naked, other than wearing a red cape, into a swimming pool.

Christian Klien, who shared the car with Vitantonio Liuzzi in 2005 and Robert Doornbos in 2006, departed the team for 2007 and was replaced by Mark Webber. The RB3 was the first full "Newey" car and was coupled with a Renault motor. The car was very unreliable, suffering from a variety of different problems but Webber managed a podium at the European Grand Prix and the team finished 5th in the WCC.

Retaining the same engine and drivers for 2008 Red Bull slipped back to 7th in the WCC and again only managed a single podium, for Coulthard in Canada, but the reliability issues which plagued the car the previous season were mainly resolved.

2009 was Red Bull's break through year. With Coulthard having retired Webber was joined by Red Bull junior driver Sebastien Vettel. The new rules allowed Newey to design a car which challenged for both the Drivers and Constructors Championship. Webber won 2 races, Vettel 4 and the team climbed to 2nd in WCC taking 3 pole positions en-route.

In 2010 Red Bull justified Mateschitz's investment winning the Constructors title and Vettel the Drivers Championship. They won 9 races through the season, 5 for Vettel and 4 for Webber and took 10 poles. Webber led the title race for much of the season but it was the 23 year old Vettel who stole the title in the last race of the season and became the youngest Champion as a result.

2011 sees the team retain the same driver line up as 2010 and continue with Renault engine power in the new RB7 car.

Let's split by engine Will, you sage of the pit lane.
How many have Red Bull used for those 685? And McLaren?

Prick.

That stat also only considers race laps. The Red Bull has done far more running in sessions in the lead up to the race, nor does it have the luxury of cruising around races out of the points "treating it like a test session" because they blew 5 engines in FP1 and thus started the Azerbaijan GP from Armenia.

Verstappen still has the right to be pissed off though.

will buxton has a point in away. as red bull are bottom of laps completed. Although later he does say that he rather have 130+ pts than than the 718 laps. but Verstappen is verging into honda territory as he had 4 dnf in 6 races. didnt he have 3 engines issues over the Saturday & sunday. in FP3 Qualifying & race

very interesting reply on sky f1 from horner Post FP1, basically slapping his wrists & saying he will be at toro rosso next season

Carlos Sainz 'unlikely' to stay at Toro Rosso for 2018 F1 season

although i am fully behind with carlos sainz on this, because christian Horner & Red Bull yes they were financially responsible for him to make F1 & I'm sure he is grateful because he says that 1st choice is Red Bull. but if they feel Sainz will be happy to kept as back up. just in case Riccardio or Verstappen get poached or leave. then its not only unfair but they are hugely unrealistic & delusional. because how long would they like to stuck in a dead end team, which its not just 2018 could be 2019 & 2020, red bull team seems sown up for a long while

Christian Horner can say what he likes because he has all talk and no balls as we've seen in the past... he does not call the shots at Red Bull ... Helmut Marko does

Ironically Max Verstappen is supposedly unhappy with Red Bull and would consider moving to Ferrari

Max Verstappen wants to leave Red Bull and join Ferrari next season

I don't see how Red Bull can manage 2 out of 3 unhappy drivers at the moment to stay put
How about they give Verstappen the boot after this season that means he'll be free 2019. He does seem to be whinging a lot lately and sooner or later it will no longer be acceptable. Sainz Jr. could race for Red Bull in the coming season.

That's how to kill two birds with one stone.

Horner can only even have a say on Sainz future if he stays with the Red Bull corporation. If no-one leaves the first team, then Sainz is heading squarely for Buemi territory.

Christian Horner can say what he likes because he has all talk and no balls as we've seen in the past... he does not call the shots at Red Bull ... Helmut Marko does

Ironically Max Verstappen is supposedly unhappy with Red Bull and would consider moving to Ferrari

Max Verstappen wants to leave Red Bull and join Ferrari next season

I don't see how Red Bull can manage 2 out of 3 unhappy drivers at the moment to stay put

i did wonder that ever since brundle made a possible slip, at the start of Q3 when he talking about the dutch fans & just wait until they wearing red & orange half/half

I should Christian Horner does talk a lot of bull.. when Ferrari are interested all they need to do is to throw silly money and I don't see how Red Bull can stop them signing one of their drivers each one with every right saying they are not the favoured son at Red Bull

As they say contracts are there meant to be broken. I just don't see Carlos Sainz staying at Toro Rosso.. he's outgrown the team
and can attain much higher goals with a different team

All Sainz will do is walk out of his contract with Red Bull if he is asked to drive in another series like Christian Klein did

So according to the silly season Verstappen is off to Ferrari, Sainz is off to Ferrari/Mclaren/Renault and Kvyat is on his last year with Torro Rosso as he hasn't cut the mustard. This will leave Red Bull/Torro Rosso with Danny Ric (although there are rumours that he might sign for Ferrari).

Their young driver programme currently has Gasly at its helm who would obviously jump into one of the seats. If you look at the rest of their programme though they have bugger all. The nearest to ready after Gasly is Nico Kari currently driving in GP3 and not troubling the front.

Red Bull have not signed a driver outside of their young driver programme since Mark Webber. So either they've screwed themselves or they are pretty confident none of the above rumours are true....which as they've mostly come from James Allen is probably right.

RasputinLives Which is what I noted earlier so any chance Sean Gelael might be promoted to Red Bull then:o?

Gasly only has 7 competitive races to prove himself

I read a copy of the Metro today and apparently Jos has been making noises for Max like you said just not to Mercedes but to Ferrari and coupled with Marchionne calling Kimi " A laggard" seriously what is stopping Ferrari to just tell Kimi he's dropped

I'd very much doubt Helmut can slapdown both Carlos and Max who both want higher aspirations which they believe Red Bull can't deliver to either of them

Last edited:
Usually Red Bull have a queue of drivers lining up to make the grade but it does feel odd that they did not put anyone in GP2 (f2) for whatever reason

If Red Bull needs two drivers to fill the seats at Toro Rosso, they should consider resigning Alexander Albon. He has done really well in the last two years and this year he is constantly improving, he may not be a new Verstappen or Vettel, but they should give him a chance.
He might also be a little too old for Red Bull.

Rutherford Albon is top class. I underestimated him in F3, GP3 and F2 so I now have to conclude he is a pretty dam good talent. I think if he hadn't been following Leclerc formula to Formula then we'd be talking about him a lot more.

Red Bull would be lucky to have him.

Red Bull have not got both cars to the finish nearly often enough. If they do develop a competitive car with Mercedes and Ferrari, they'll still not compete for the Constructors' Championship since they're attempting to score with only one machine:
Ava.png

Back
Top Bottom