Random ponderings...

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by FB, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I don't think you'll escape "influence opinion-people, prpoganda, special interest groups" oe find "news or the truth" on Twitter...
    In fact I think you'll find it an awful lot worse :(

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Agree with Andyoak - I use it to find out what a cross section of people think rather than form my opinion

4. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Fair warning. I did follow responses on twitter to a The Guardian article, and words like Nazi and Hitler was repeated too many times, and without any connection to the article.

My initial intent is around focus on certain sources and what they have to say, rather than count how many provocateurs responded. I am not quite sure whether this is wishful thinking on my part, or it can be done. Lastly, limits imposed by the platform is no way good substitution for in-depth follow up elsewhere, so much I accept as given.

I am still confused about cost of having such account.

5. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Twitter is free in cash terms. All you need is a screen name and an email address and you can get an account. I often don't read all the comments associated with the posts as that is not what I'm there for. I keep up with some F1 info, breaking news and some celebs I have an interest in. I find it useful and it's quick and easy to read so long as you don't follow too many people. You do have to be careful at times but you soon learn what is the best way to be on there.

6. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I think Twitter is a pointless load of crap. But I’m just a grumpy old moo.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  7. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Why do you think so? For full disclosure, as stated earlier, I am not on it, but thinking of it as a direct channel to information sources which media not reporting on; at least not too often or with any regularity. I do not have any worthwhile plans to generate content on my own, so, it should be just consumption affair. I am hoping some of Tweets on topic of interest shall set direction for in-depth follow up elsewhere, which would otherwise probably escaped to me. Having up to date some facts seems worthwhile effort in "information age" (I hate those two words). That's about it. Someone already warned me, and as I could already observed (responses to an The Guardian article), some feeds seems really contaminated by psychopaths among us, but is F1 any different? Perhaps not on this forum, but there are some...

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  8. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I would treat all “information “ on Twitter with a great deal of caution.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  9. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

If you are thinking about WH, then I must agree unconditionally.

10. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Some information on twitter is true. If you want to be sure who you are following look out for the blue tick after a name. That signifies that the person really is who they say they are. So if for example you wanted to follow a driver (Seb doesn't have an account) Charles Leclerc has his own account and it has a blue tick, so what he says is from him.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I like twitter there are things I can find easier on their than searching through google

12. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Does anyone else think 99% of the issue with Huawei phones is more to do with protectionism by Apple, Samsung and Google?

RasputinLives and Andyoak like this.
  13. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    What? Three big companies ganging up to accuse a competitor who is moving in on their market of things? Unheard of!

cider_and_toast likes this.
  14. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

The problem is that all those products are still made in China and may have the same problems already built into the chips, doubt if any company actually check for extra lines of software, far too expensive when profit is paramount

15. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

One of the worst things about Twitter is that it is full of people who do not want you to know who they are. This anonymity allows them to say things which they would not say to your face. This results in many who are not thick skinned to suffer but then that is what their attackers want.

Much of the rest of the internet is the same. However the internet is also full of folks disseminating good and interesting data.

If only it were clearer which is which.

RasputinLives likes this.
  16. olegg

olegg Race Winner

GB wins it in OT!
    FRANCE VS. GREAT BRITAIN - 2019 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    [​IMG]

17. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Who knew we were any good at Ice Hockey??

Edit: Apparently we aren't very good at Ice Hockey. LOL

"It was a stunning result as France led 3-0 midway through the game and seemed to take control, and it was all the more stunning because GB had lost 9-0, 8-0, 7-1, and 5-0 at various times during the tournament"

18. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Great Britain stay in top flight after overtime win
    It is important that before the last match France was a favorite and had to stay in the top League.
    But the British team fought until the last moment.
    It's worth a lot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  19. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    It is worth a lot olegg - if you care about ice hockey. I’ve been to a couple of ice-hockey games (Guildford, Surrey, not world class stuff) and both times got seated within a few seats next to the guy with the bloody drum. Different places each time! Never again.

20. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

For those suffering, looks like here is the answer:

[​IMG]
    Pamela Oghagbon1 +021-05-2019 13:42
    I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr Osasu on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr Osasu today on this Email address: drosasu25@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +2347064365391
    ….
    Dr.Osasu also cures:
    1. HIV / AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B

Fantastic. No more problems. I wonder how much the treatment cost.

21. olegg

olegg Race Winner

I'm talking about ice hockey and about sports сharacter
    but don't about "bloody drum" :))))))

Last edited: May 21, 2019

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice