Random ponderings...

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by FB, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Sorry to hear that guy. I had a bad day today, but not near as bad as yours. Hope everything works out.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    So sorry to read your post siffert_fan I hope both your friend and your sister can come through this and be well again. Sounds like you have plenty going on in your life too health wise. Take of you too and all the best.

4. Angel

Featured Threads:
    I hope it was nothing too serious Ruslan, look after yourself my friend.

5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Thinking of you siffert_fan, positive thoughts.

6. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Yes, why is that siffert_fan , s..t in lorry loads for some, whilst others get lorry loads of sunshine.

I hope the next year is a really positive one, and there is a lorry load of sunshine headed your way.

7. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Sorry to hear of your troubles siffert_fan, things do seem to happen in bunches.

8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    wishing you all the luck siffert_fan
    --------------------------------------------
    Izumi for me ive given up with all that eating im sure it has many benefits but in England everytime I see something is a "superfood" then months later "sorry, it actually bad for you" or vice versa. so ill just eat what I like. & look at the traffic light system. keep the sat fats low & leave the reds as a luxury, eat some fish have some fruit & veg. have plenty of exercise, which for me my job is great

9. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Human race (allegedly we must say in the age when digital records can be easily manipulated) landed on the moon for no other reason just because it's there, yet we are collectively unable to agree, what is and what isn't basic healthy diet. Maybe our ambitions are continuously misdirected by our inability to recognize what is, and what isn't important for our well being.

Eat eggs, don't eat eggs, eat meat, don't eat meat, and so on...endlessly. Mother's wisdom... eat little bit of everything, thus if you are wrong, you are wrong by not much.

Greenlantern101 and F1Brits_90 like this.
  10. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I've always felt that diet is what you need to live the life you want.

We get too hung up about living a long life.

Live a full life... It's better for you than any diet.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    its almost like the doctors are guessing :D

12. Angel

Featured Threads:
    The whole what you should and shouldn't eat is a huge debate and it gets so you can't believe a word they say. One second you can eat something, the next it's the devil. First we all had to have everything low fat, then they started in on salt and now it's sugar. The trouble with the sugar thing is a lot of companies reduce the sugar by putting in artificial sweeteners which are often worse for you than ever the sugar was.

We're all told to eat lots more fruit and veg. Then of course you have to be wary because unless you buy the over priced organic stuff you're exposing yourself to potentially harmful pesticides. Of course when I was a kid what they now call organic was just normal, but that's another story.

I'm waiting for the day they tell us breathing is bad for us too ;)

As has been said before 'a little of what you fancy does you good' and I am talk about food here still!

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  13. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The best diet is one that makes the advocate of it the most cash.

Or is that me being cynical?

F1Brits_90 and Andyoak like this.
  14. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Rather like getting research cash to prove the previous medical advice was wrong...

cider_and_toast likes this.
  15. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Eat what you like.

16. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Sad news about Doris Day dying. I always did like her films and she always seemed like such a nice person too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48257670

Bill Boddy and Titch like this.
  17. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

She was my first love Angel.

Angel likes this.
  18. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

[​IMG]
    I am considering to get a Twitter account. What should I expect what Google is not telling me?

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 12:05
  19. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    It will depend on how you use it. I use it purely to view what everyone else is saying about trending topics and follow some individuals o enjoy hearing about. I produce very little content myself. I think a Twitter user's enjoyment is purely based on what they follow. There is some great Motorsport content on their - technical stuff especially is interesting.

Like every part of the internet though you get your trolls and stubornbots. Great tool for seeing what the general consensus is on a subject though.

20. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Twitter can be good. I keep a limit on how many people I follow and I don't interact on things where I know I might get trolled. It's like anywhere, it has good and bad sides to it, I've been on there eight years now so it can't be all bad.

21. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Thanks. I am with you on content. At the moment I am thinking in terms as a consumer of information produce by individuals which are not that often quoted in news. Besides, I am increasingly allergic to influence opinion-people exert on masses. (Just propaganda of special interest groups, nothing to do with news or the truth.)

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice