Pikes Peak

Leobs Run 8min 13secs. Just destroyed the old 9.46 record.
Shame the footage was beyond shit. So much so I won't waste your time by posting it here.
I Hope on boards appear on you tube.

Even though I am a huge fan of Loeb, I have to point out that the previous record comes from the days, as recently as two years ago, when the course was half dirt road. It is now entirely paved. Even so, WELL DONE, LOEB:thumbsup:

Even though I am a huge fan of Loeb, I have to point out that the previous record comes from the days, as recently as two years ago, when the course was half dirt road. It is now entirely paved. Even so, WELL DONE, LOEB:thumbsup:

Romain Dumas had the previous record from last year, when it was all paved, with a 9:46.181. Not in the 'Unlimited' class though.

That video was :censored: great. Breathtaking to watch a car being driven centimeters away from the edge of a mountain. Also reminded me about the Group B times with all the people running off the middle of the road when a car arrives! And that car is a beast!

Having watched it for the billionth time today - I just realised, 156 corners, no co-driver or pace notes!

Am I correct in thinking if I want to drive this on a computer I can only do this on The original Colin Mcrae Dirt and Gran Turismo 2 ???

The previous record set by Rhys Millan was 9.46.164 made last year, 2012, after the road was completely sealed, the first year the event was run after the road was upgraded. Millans time this year was 30sec's better than his record time last year but still 40sec's slower than Loeb. I think most realize Loeb's a freak and its been a pleasure to follow his career. This could well be one of his greatest drives.

Back
Top Bottom