Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix

How did you rate the Monaco grand prix out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strength and self belief afflict most F1 drivers these days and we have had endless incidences from Lewis over the years. For Nico, it may be a case of a '**** it, I am as good as you' moment.

The problem for Nico remains though, he may well have won at Monaco but he also knows Hamilton had built up a lead of over
20 secs before the botched strategy and even after the win he will know he had no answer on track.

From what we saw at the end of the race Rosberg was capable of driving much faster than he did before the safety car. It was almost as though the team had told him to hold up Vettel, but they would never do that.:no:

True Bill Boddy but it may have been a case of feeling flattened with Hamilton 20 plus seconds up the road as opposed to going for the win when the race was restarted after the safety car pulled off.

I wasn't suggesting he "gave up" Bill Boddy, he was either unable to close the gap or realised he would inherit the lead if something happened to Hamilton, regardless of the size of the gap. If he had been able to stay closer I think he would have simply to make the point he could equal Hamilton's pace.

Monaco provided another dull race with nothing eventful whatsoever up until the end when Verstappen crashed in to Grosjean and Mercedes decided life was too easy for Hamilton so they better demote him to 3rd to keep him on his toes. In the early stages of the voting it was looking like Monaco would be voted as the worst race ever ranked by CTA, but a few votes towards the end eventually see it jump up just above Spain in this year's rankings.

ctarotyStandings.PNG

ctaroty_plot.PNG

Those last minute votes made absolutely no sense to me at all but that's democracy for you. :D

Precisely why any race/driver poll is pointless.

There will always be those who vote for reasons totally unrelated to the poll.

There is one 10 voter on that list I'm really surprised about. To the point where I think we should ask them in case they clicked by accident.

Yes one of them they actually stated they were going to vote 1 in the thread. I'm not going to change it because no doubt all polls have a few missclicks in them and I don't have time to dig through all the posts to double check everything. It still comes out as one of the worst ever races we've rated.

There is rates from f1fanatics for comparision:
Race - GP - Rates
2 - Malaysia - 8,32
4 - Bahrain - 7,41
3 - China - 5,7
6 - Monaco - 5,65
5 - Spain - 5,1
1 - Australia - 4,73

I only see one post in this thread by one of the members who voted 10.

Unless you mean a different thread?

If it was a mistake and they want it changed, I can edit the database.

Back
Top Bottom