Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix

How did you rate the Monaco grand prix out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brundle (in particular) and Croft on Sky are excellent and really add to the coverage. Coulthard and Edwards on BBC just wind me up. I used to quite like the experience Coulthard brought but I don't know what's changed. I get the impression their brief is to fill every available piece of coverage with speech, and yet they frequently miss what's actually happening on the track.

rufus_mcdufus

I listened to the race on 5live. James Allen was as bad as usual; for instance at the start, he commented that Button had hit hulkenberg. Then when Alonso got a penalty, he said " oh yes, that's from earlier when he hit hulkenberg"... He seems to forget that we can't see what's going on, so if he makes a mistake, there's no way we can know what's going on!

+1 for Verstappen's overtake and +1 for the little twist at the end, although Hamilton deserved the win.
Maybe they just need to do qualifying and call it a day. What's the point in holding a race on a place you can't race?!

Could I suggest that everyone watches without any sound, whatever channel you are on. It is racing ffs and if you can't see what's happening and/or happened you don't need some numpty to misinform you.

I watched this one via an online free service and I really can't remember who the commentators were. The last time I watched online was with NBC - again can't remember the commentators, just the endless bloody adverts which rather spoilt it all.

Not a perfect service to anyone who used to care really, is it?

A four from me. A race, of sorts which threw up an unusual ending - which is quite common at Monaco despite the 'inability'to overtake.

I'm not getting into the 'Lewis was robbed' argue but will say all drivers have good and bad luck, where-ever it comes from.

If that makes me a 'hater' (what a very dismissive and childish word that is) then so be it.

With all the history and glamour that surrounds Monaco it would be the highlight of the year if there was at least half a chance of overtaking. Shame really. Also, maybe it would be in F1's interest to not have Spain and Monaco one after the other in the calendar...

It never used to be but then Bernie started scratching off European races.

I said it on another thread but if you want to see overtakes at Monaco then try and grab the highlights of Oli Rowland coming through the field in the WSR 3.5 race.

I don't vote on these but if I was a childish prick I'd vote 1 to counter the hater(s).
Don't you mean you would have given it a 10 to counter the haters who are childish pricks?

The point is I gave it 1 point because that is what I thought the race deserved but if I were indeed a childish prick hater then I would have given it a 10 in glee of Lewis being robbed of a win and anyway I didn't watch the podium or indeed the cooling down lap so I didn't see Hamilton's reactions to the events that happened, due to the fact that I don't watch any of the pre-race stuff and I turn the telly off as soon as the chequered flag is waved these days..

Last edited:
5 because it wasn't a great race for a while but the end turned out exciting. And because I'm not a pissed off Lewis fan who would give this a -1000000 if I could.

A quick totting up of the results so far indicates that this is set to be the lowest rated race since CTA records began. If I've not stuffed the maths up it's currently a 3.9. (even with the random 10)

This is probably one of the best Monaco's since CTA records began. Not sure if we should blame biased voting or an increased sense of pessimism towards the sport (not saying it isn't deserved, but it can definitely affect voting).

Back
Top Bottom