Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Australian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Australian Grand Prix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just knowing how much Meph, Jen, and Siff despise seeing Hamilton and Mercedes dominate will make nearly every moment of these season massively enjoyable.

Why do you have to turn every comment into a perceived anti Hamilton rant?

Would you prefer a diminished grid or a full grid where your man wins? Or just him running?

At a family level, I am over the moon that Merc are in the ascendancy because it will mean my daughter gets her house extension sooner rather than later!

Your bias is already grating and you have only be back moments!

It was not a diminished grid. 20 cars were entered, 4 of which were not competent enough to get to the start line. A fifth driver was injured. They were given a chance - if they can't take it, whose fault is that?

So it was diminished, for whatever reason. 15 out of 20, isn't that diminished?

So where is your argument about to take us now, given that my comment was to Keke re Hamilton?

What?

What is not relevant? Some were beaten, some didn't take part.

I'm not sure that I understand your stance, nor. indeed, your issue.

Nobody has ever said, "Wow, what a fantastic race! Did you see how many cars were circulating?!?!?!?!" :cheer:

I'm not sure what people want. Should the FIA mandate that Mercedes has to duct tape gold bullion and tungsten ballast all over their car? Should Mercedes voluntarily start from the pit lane? Should they have to run Van Der Garde?

The amount of bellyaching after one race is just pathetic.

A Lewis win an automatic 10 for me, no matter what the quality of the race was. He dominated and controlled the race from the drop of the flag to the checkered flag....:1st:

Driver of the race for me was that other Felipe. To watch that rookie Nasr in his debut F1 race, hold off successfully more experienced drivers than himself, and not do something stupid in his defending, was an enjoyable thing to watch.

Honorable mention has to go to Jenson. He drove the worst looking and performing McLaren that I have ever seen. Credit him for hanging in with that car, and finishing the race.

Not sure duct taping gold bullion to the car would be seen as safe. Using gold would also push the costs up for other teams. Mercedes would invest gazzillions of euros to optimise the bullion distribution and no doubt make the car 10 seconds a lap quicker. Marussia would be forced out of business again because they would only have enough money to buy blocks of cheese painted gold. Red Bull would find a way to mount their bullion on flexible rubber strips and Ferrari would protest the whole rule while designing a car made entirely from gold bullion.

Nope, I just don't see how that can work?

LOL

Last edited:
What is not relevant? Some were beaten, some didn't take part.

The size of the starting field.

There are a million acceptable reasons not to enjoy a Grand Prix, and a million acceptable reasons to enjoy a Grand Prix.

However, Hamilton's and Mercedes' achievement in winning this race is not diminished because teams and drivers who would not have competed with them anyway failed to make the grid. Thus a fan of Hamilton or Mercedes can scarcely be expected to not enjoy a victory.

Furthermore, the fact of a small grid should not damage F1. Indianapolis 2005, Kyalami 1985, Imola 1982 etc. were damaging not because they had reduced grids but because of the political nonsense that created those grids.

Why a car failure suddenly becomes a discredit to F1 and the victor if it is before the lights, I don't know. But more cars started lap 2 than in 2002, which was considered a good race.

In other words, there is no reason for KekeTheKing not to enjoy the race.

In fact a small part of me enjoyed the way that 2 cars couldn't even form up. I've watched plenty of old races in the past, and it was kind of a side note from Murray....."and Derek Warwick has failed to make it around.....Go, Go, Go!!!"

It wasn't long ago that some quarters were clamoring for more unreliability and unpredictability. And it's also such a stark reminder how much these cars are really pushing the limits now.

What worries me is that, with the precedent that they have now set with Manor, it means that Indy in 2005 wouldn't have even had the cars that qualified and dropped out on the first lap, ever taking to the track at all!!!

Don't you think that would have been damaging to the sport?

I didn't enjoy it because I didn't really enjoy it. There was hardly any on track action apart from the fight over 5th place. There will be better and worse races this season but it was not a good race in my humble opinion. If people want to write the season off after one race fair enough, not my business. I still watched in 2004, 2011 and 2013 despite the clear dominance of one car/driver in the vain hope that somebody could muster a challenge for at least one race. Some like to have a rose tinted view of the past but for the majority of F1s history there has been a dominant car/driver per season.

I used to go for the Lewis win=10 but today was supremely average, I fell asleep during it so I'm not too sure what happened, if anything, in the last 17 laps or so, I found myself counting down laps till I could go to sleep again!

I used to go for the Lewis win=10 but today was supremely average, I fell asleep during it so I'm not too sure what happened, if anything, in the last 17 laps or so, I found myself counting down laps till I could go to sleep again!

Same here. What made it more disappointing is that I got up for it! :)

Back
Top Bottom