Non-news

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by FB, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Woman gets out of car and closes the door.

Meghan Markle closing car door herself sparks social media reaction

F1Brits_90, FB, Angel and 2 others like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Silly pleb.

4. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    What was she thinking closing her own door? Was she even thinking at all? :snigger:

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    This would never have happened if Diana was alive! I bet it has an effect on house prices and is probably an after effect from all this Eastern European immigrants coming over here.

Yours

Concerned Daily Mail reader.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Angel, cider_and_toast and FB like this.
  6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    This is another act of racism.

Serena Williams

7. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Is she allowed to go to the loo by herself. The world needs to know.

8. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I hope not...

(Did I reveal too much? :D )

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Serenas right its another act of thief. How meghan took that job from someone else

10. Bill Boddy

97 year old man uninjured in car crash. The police will take any appropriate action necessary. His wife was not in the car at the time, it was reported that she is never in the car when he is driving nowadays.

I may never be seen again.

gethinceri likes this.
  11. Bill Boddy

Strangely it took quite some time for that to show up on the thread.

FB likes this.
  12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i wanted to chat about rita ora thing but formula e thread isnt the place. RasputinLives

in that i don't get the fuss hes 18/19 shes mid/late 20s & shes very attractive (in my opinion ;)) . im not surprised that he "pursued" her.

13. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Woman had to do work and isn't happy, "Aren't there some poor or illiterate people who can do this instead of me" she wailed

Head teacher cleaned the loos to save cash

14. Grizzly

Grizzly Bear Contributor

Ah! Close to home that one FB. The headline is non-news, but the broader issue isn't. I have a lot of sympathy for our head teachers.

15. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    It's even worse over here.

Parents literally subsidise schooling - we personally donate hundreds of $ to our daughter's school as well as purchasing all of her own supplies (paper, pencils, etc.) and supplies for the classroom, games, toys, gift cards and money for teachers (who are woefully underpaid), etc.

Still, at least when they do finish school they can get a job in the well funded military ...

16. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I agree Grizzly, the issue is very important is just such a shame they chose such a silly example to try and highlight the problem. Those in senior positions often have to do the mundane tasks when there are issues within a business. Also, the state of our education system is probably not as bad as it's painted but there isn't a system to take money from the schools running a surplus and give it to those in deficit since they "privatised" the system and got rid of the LEA's.

As Brogan points out, we could be in a much worse place although it could be a lot better but no one will pay for it.

17. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, my parents paid for my education, too.
    On another note, I once spent some time with a lady who could've been a head teacher. Interesting evening.

18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i reading an article that was quite interesting about 30 things id learnt before turn 30 most quite informative & i saw this sun front page

IMG_20190309_003212.jpg
    i didn't get the sensationalist headline albeit i had read her explanation before the suns lies i thought it was pretty sensible “I carry QuikClot army grade bandage dressing, which is for gunshot or stab wounds,” which made complete sense as she worried about stalkers because media always posting her address. & im assuming considering Americas are worse for gun control. it something more Americans should do
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit - only just seen the irony the front page. tried to make 1 feel bad for some very sensible advice to someone who has died & wishes they had carried some with them

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  19. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Our daughter who's 8 does 'active shooter drills' at school every month.

There is talk of increasing pay for teachers who carry guns.

The land of the free and the home of the brave!

cider_and_toast, F1Brits_90 and Titch like this.
  20. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    The world, as run by humans, is a pile of crap really.

I wonder if the dinosaurs hadn’t been wiped out and had managed to evolve what our planet would look like now.

Large lumps of random space rock have a lot to answer for.

21. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

I think before In sympathise with head teachers where the money goes, education standard of school leavers doesn't seem to be that great, it can be seen in most forums and comments posts in the media that English appears not to be an the same language I was taught. Many posts I read I need to read again to understand what the gist is, what with "past" instead of "passed", and "your" instead of "you're" plus a few others, is it predictive text, poor education or just plain ( not plane:ermmm: ) common laziness?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice