Nominations For The (un)Official Clip The Apex Forum Awards Please.

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Angel, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    thanks Angel for creating this thread!

1. Thread Of 2018

You Bet 2018
    YOU BET GAME - 2018
    Greenlantern101 does a great job and kept me at the edge of my seat (until I fell)

2. Best Avatar (who has the best picture by their name?)
    Galahad

3. Best PQR Thread of 2018 (they’re all good but which race thread inspired you most?)
    Abu Dhabi, I was sold by gethinceri Snodownia's pic :snigger:

Grand Prix - 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

4. Funniest/Wittiest Member (who makes you laugh most?)
    the exchanges between RasputinLives and Rutherford an undeclared bromance if ever there was one, sadly the latter is not around anymore

5. Best Long Term Lurking Member (who used to be around but isn’t so much now and you would like to see more of them?)
    teabagyokel we miss you!

6. Clip The Apex Treasure (who would you hate to see leave as the place would be lost without them?)
    cider_and_toast no doubt

7. Best Predictions of 2018 (who was the smarty pants who got everything right?)
    F1Brits_90 perhaps?
    scratch that, it was Greenlantern101

8. Worst Predictions of 2018 (who thought they knew what would happen but ended up being way off?)
    Mine (I don't think I posted mine but it was rubbish anyway)

9. Rookie Of The Year (which new member in 2018 has made their mark with you?)
    Angel by a mile (or many)

10. Most Innovative Thread Starter (who has the best ideas for threads that make you want to read them, and better still, comment?)
    I know this is not what I was asked but I love Galahad Overtaking posts and I'm sad not see them this year

BTW, happy new year to all and I hope I don't give up on F1 by the time Australia comes around

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Another set of nominations, excellent :D Thanks Olivier :) Keep them coming folks!!!

4. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Okay there have been no more nominations since Monday so I'm guessing we're getting to an end with them. I will leave them open until midnight GMT on Sunday 13th January 2019. Any nominations after that won't count.

I notice no one has put in any Special Awards ideas. If you have any please let me know, I've picked up a few from the other thread already, but I can do a few more if required. Again, nominations for them will close at midnight on Sunday.

Once the nominations close I'll sort out the top 2-3 in each category and then the voting will open!!

5. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Last chance to nominate if you haven't already. Nominations close today at midnight GMT. Please do get involved if you haven't already!

6. Angel

Featured Threads:
    NOMINATIONS NOW CLOSED!

7. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Very interesting nominations....
    Even it became interesting, and that is not true from what I predicted here?
    This is despite the fact that here I did not predict anything :)

8. Angel

Featured Threads:
    olegg I gave everyone plenty of time to join in. Besides, they weren't all posted on this thread, I had some by PM as well.

9. olegg

olegg Race Winner

I'm not talking about the voting method and your copyright
    but about the fact that you put me in nomination "worst predict"
    despite I'm nowhere on this forum didn't make prediction.
    It is realy funny.
    But at the same time so "jock" with nomination,
    the merits of really worthy people
    are somewhat belittled, for example, Galahad,
    whose information is unique not only for this site,
    but also on a much larger scale.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  10. Angel

Featured Threads:
    To clarify olegg I suggested the awards and had categories suggested for them. I offered up the award categories to be voted on, I asked for nominations on said categories, I counted up said nominations and put forward the people who got the most nominations in each category. I didn't read every thread to check every person for every nomination, I just went with what the good members here put forward.

I am sorry if you feel I have done this in the wrong way, all I can tell you is it is supposed to be a bit of fun and entertainment in the off season. You were, and indeed still are, welcome to join in. Had you nomintaed Galahad it might have made a difference, but you didn't. You chose not to join in and now you wish to complain about the process it seems which is a shame. As I say, this is supposed to be a bit of light hearted fun and I'm sorry that you can't take it in the manner to which it was intended.

11. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Your right.
    I was just giving my opinion.
    It was funny.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice