Nominations For The (un)Official Clip The Apex Forum Awards Please.

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Angel, Jan 1, 2019.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I'd noticed and had casually been tagging him in things to draw him out (works with Fenderman) but no luck. Hope he is ok and checks in every now and then - I know his love of the sport has kinda gone.

Oh and I have big worries about our Kewee friend :(

cider_and_toast and Hamberg like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    To echo FB I feel I need to defend my avatar too. I'd just not eaten much that day

Titch likes this.
  4. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ya know I originally sent mine to Angel in private but as everyone else is doing it and I've found it nice when others on here have mentioned my name I'm going to make them public.

1 - FB's Big Fat Review of the Year

2 - FB

3 - cider_and_toast Austrian GP thread is hard to beat

4 - gethinceri, Brogan, teabagyokel

5 - Fenderman and Hamberg

6 - So many! I'm gonna go Titch, Bill Boddy , cider_and_toast , Greenlantern101 and Galahad

7 - Galahad is always right about everything

8 - I nominate myself - My predictions in the Formula E threads were awful. Years ago I said Rosberg would never win a GP, that Vandoorne would be a world champ and that Kubuca would never race again. Never listen to me.

Oh and vintly because he says Hamilton is going to Ferrari :p

9 - I quite like this Angel person not sure if you've heard of her. Publius Cornelius Scipio has a vast knowledge.

10 - I think Greenlantern101 is always good at writing short punchy threads that gets everyone talking so he gets my nominations.

Angel don't worry I've not changed anything so you won't have to recount.

Angel and cider_and_toast like this.
  5. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

I am sure you could find someone on the left who has not personally executed someone.

6. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Apart from Michael Foot I think that could be tricky.

Andyoak likes this.
  7. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    How about Corbyn, or is it Corbin. Well anyway him.

Just looking for my tin foil hat.

LOL

8. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I had that avatar before you comrade!

FB likes this.
  9. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Big difference between those two.

10. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Yeah Michael Foot is not on a million t-shirts across the world and has never ridden a motorcycle.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Ruslan likes this.
  11. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for the nominations so far, I still need more though. I want as many people as possible to join in with this to get a true representation of the forum hopefully.

FB would you care to nominate more than just the one name so far? Go on, you know you want to really :D

Titch thanks for your nominations, however people do them is fine by me. :) I hope you're feeling better now and recovering from your injuries.

In some categories I have a clear top 2 or 3, in others I have like a top 7 or 8 so far :o

Oh and RasputinLives I have all nominations neatly marked off in a book, so I could see at a glance yours were the same, plus you weren't the only one to send yours by PM ;)

12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    ive sent mine i prefer private so i keep impartiality.

but just for notice my avatar is because its 1 of my 1st remembered races & Damon hill won

Angel likes this.
  13. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Who owns the rights to the image and can they license it?

Che Guevara in popular culture - Wikipedia

14. Angel

Featured Threads:
    I'm sorry, Bill Boddy you can only comment in this thread if you are going to nominate, them's the rules :pLOL

15. Angel

Featured Threads:
    I wasn't singling you out, I was teasing is all, sorry if you didn't realise that, my bad :oops::embarrassed::disappointed:

You are correct, you did say gethinceri for everything but that was before you even knew what awards were up for grabs. He's sadly not eligible for all of them.

To be fair, everyone else who has posted in this thread has nominated at least one person. It had slipped my mind about your nominations on the other thread, sorry.

16. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    3. cider_and_toast for Brasil and Belgium. My PQRs of the year. Love a history lesson me.

5. Fenderman I miss him.

Angel, Andyoak and cider_and_toast like this.
  17. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Thanks Greenlantern101 :thumbsup::)

18. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    So here are mine:

1. Thread Of 2018 - The predictions thread, even though I forgot to post in it this year

2. Best Avatar - Galahad, 'cos it's a Gordon Murray design

3. Best PQR Thread of 2018 - Brazil, for bringing the Fittipaldi team back to life

4. Funniest/Wittiest Member - Gethinceri, also grumpiest and most cynical

5. Best Long Term Lurking Member - Teabagyokel

6. Clip The Apex Treasure - Cider and Toast, it can be thankless being a mod although members are pretty well behaved these days

7. Best Predictions of 2018 - Greenlantern

8. Worst Predictions of 2018 - F1 Brits, who was about as good as Jos the Boss's weather predictions

9. Rookie Of The Year - Angel

10. Most Innovative Thread Starter - Rasputin Lives

Angel likes this.
  19. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Thanks FB :thumbsup::)

Things are getting more interesting by the minute. We still need more people to join in though. There are an awful lot who haven't nominated yet!! So we'll wait a while and hope they decide to join in. :please:

20. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

And I was being grumpy for reasons nothing to do with you. I came on here to delete the two messages, it was a surprise to get your message. In future I will try to remember that just because I was developing a man cold with a painful throat does not excuse me from being polite.

Mea culpa, I have said 23 Hail Marys, any ideas for further punishment?:heart:

21. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy Don't worry about it, we all have those days. I am sorry you've not been feeling so good, I hope you are soon back to full fitness again.

No punishment necessary as far as I'm concerned, we'll just chalk it up to one of those things and move on okay? :)

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice