Nominations For The (un)Official Clip The Apex Forum Awards Please.

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Angel, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Well this should have happened at the end of the season but for reasons beyond my control I couldn’t do it. Here we are at the start of a new year, how do we fill the time until the season starts again? For a bit of fun (hopefully) I thought we could do some forum awards for 2018. Brogan and cider_and_toast kindly said they had no problem with it, so here they are.

I’ve tried to make this inclusive to all and it’s now time to hand it over to you the members to nominate your favourites for the awards listed below. You can nominate as many people as you like for each award. At the end of the nominations period I will do some adding up, find the top 3 or 4 etc. in each category and then we’ll all vote on them. I hope as many people as possible will take part in this process, it’s not about me, it’s supposed to be about us all celebrating this place we all love to visit and where we discuss a sport we all enjoy.

The categories are some which were suggested and others that I thought up and hoped would be welcome.

Oh and before I forget, Special Awards. If there is an award you think someone deserves for a particular reason, then you can either nominate them on this thread or drop me a private message if you want it to be a nice surprise. These I will have to limit to one per member though or it might get out of hand. I won’t be handing out any awards that might cause anger, distress or upset, these are supposed to be positive awards that make us all feel good, with any luck.

Nominate away, your categories are:

1. Thread Of 2018 (which thread have you spent most time in and find most enjoyable?)

2. Best Avatar (who has the best picture by their name?)

3. Best PQR Thread of 2018 (they’re all good but which race thread inspired you most?)

4. Funniest/Wittiest Member (who makes you laugh most?)

5. Best Long Term Lurking Member (who used to be around but isn’t so much now and you would like to see more of them?)

6. Clip The Apex Treasure (who would you hate to see leave as the place would be lost without them?)

7. Best Predictions of 2018 (who was the smarty pants who got everything right?)

8. Worst Predictions of 2018 (who thought they knew what would happen but ended up being way off?)

9. Rookie Of The Year (which new member in 2018 has made their mark with you?)

10. Most Innovative Thread Starter (who has the best ideas for threads that make you want to read them, and better still, comment?)

So there you go, to recap as I said above, you can nominate as many people as you like for each of the 10 listed categories. Any ‘special awards’ you would like you can nominate, but only one per member please as I can’t let this get too out of hand, sorry. Any mean or upsetting special awards will be ignored, I want this to be a positive experience for all, not something that upsets anyone.

Thanks to all who join in, it really does mean a lot. Enjoy and get nominating!!

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Do we nominate by posting to this thread or by sending you a PM via your inbox??

4. Angel

Featured Threads:
    You can do either, it depends on what you feel like doing. If you want people to know you've nominated them, do it here, if you don't, you can PM me, it's up to each person to decide which way they prefer to do it. The same will go for the voting.

Sorry for not making that more clear.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  5. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    So many choices, how long have we got?

6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well thats something for me to pick over at work tomorrow! I assume I can skip some if I ain't got an answer?

7. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    looking forward to this. but after looking at my 2018 prediction. im worried im heavy favourite to win best & worst prediction

leclerc to take F1 by storm & announced as ferrari driver in monza:1st:

Alonso to win :censored::crazy:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Angel likes this.
  8. Angel

Featured Threads:
    You can nominate as many people as you like for each award, then I'll work out the most popular choices to vote on later.

9. Angel

Featured Threads:
    That's right, any award you don't wish to nominate on you can just skip if you want to. So you could suggest say 3 people for one award and 0 for another, it's entirely up to you.

10. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    assuming we do this, private messaging just in case.

edit - actually no worries just seen you've always given the answer

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  11. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Okay, the first set of nominations are in :cheer:

As I say you can do them by PM or on this thread. In the interests of being transparent, I'll put my nominations on here.

1. Forum Awards :p
    2. F1Brits_90
    3. Abu Dhabi by gethinceri
    4. Rasputin, Cider and Toast, FB, gethinceri
    5. I'll pass on this one, not been here long enough to know
    6. Cider and Toast
    7. Greenlantern
    8. F1Brits (he saved me some reading by admitting it already ;))
    9. I won't nominate as a rookie myself
    10. Greenlantern, FB

Once you've all had a chance to nominate, I'll put forward the top 2-3 of each category for the vote.

Edit, I've changed my mind, I will nominate on number 9 after all. I'll nominate Ruslan and Publius Cornelius Scipio :)

12. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Angel likes this.
  13. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Well.....lets see:

1. Thread Of 2018: Liberty Media buy F1....because in F1 what goes on off the track is more interesting that what is happening on the track.

2. Best Avatar: Siffert-fan has a pretty cool avatar...but ... Worst avatar is FB's: as Che Guevara was a failed revolutionary, "an immature utopian", a cold-hearted fanatic and very much a murderer. Not sure why people honor him.

3. Best PQR Thread: Italian GP.

4. Funniest/Wittiest Member: No nomination

5. Best Long Term Lurking Member: No nomination

6. Clip The Apex Treasure: Angel and Scipio...as we all kind of came here together (actually Angel led the way).

7. Best Predictions of 2018: Haven't checked.

8. Worst Predictions of 2018: Haven't checked.

9. Rookie Of The Year: Angel and Scipio.

10. Most Innovative Thread Starter: No nomination.

Angel likes this.
  14. Angel

Featured Threads:
    It's getting interesting already, thanks very much to those who have already nominated, :love: I have a wide variety of names on some awards so far and on others it's much tighter. This is going to be very interesting I reckon.

Please do join in and try to encourage as many others to have their say as possible, I would like to get as many members as possible involved to give a true reflection of this place :)

15. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

1. Thread Of 2018: FBs big fat review of the year

2. Best Avatar: Hamberg! (Okay Rasputinlives)

3. Best PQR Thread: Italian GP.

4. Funniest/Wittiest Member: FB

5. Best Long Term Lurking Member: Snowy

6. Clip The Apex Treasure: CaT

7. Best Predictions of 2018: GL

8. Worst Predictions of 2018: Olegg

9. Rookie Of The Year: Dont know who joined

10. Most Innovative Thread Starter: GL

Angel likes this.
  16. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Thanks Hamberg I even accepted the nomination for yourself, no one said you couldn't do that and based on other awards I've done, you're not the first to do it either ;)

17. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I feel the need to protect my avatar as it is meant to be somewhat ironic. Some of the newer members will not be aware of my political leanings and I have been accused, at various points, of being a Marxist, Trotskyist, Commie Pinko Subversive and a little to the left of Chairman Mao.

Che is here to celebrate all things left wing and replaced that other hero of the left, Fidel Castro, another "failed" lefty if you will. It was step up from Jack Nicholson's wild "Here's Jonny" face from The Shining which frightened a few :D

Come the glorious day Comrades....

...wanders off whistling The Red Flag.

Oh, best member MIA, Teabagyokel

Angel likes this.
  18. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I’m going to do mine a few at a time. Just to be difficult. Not really, just because it will be easier for me.

So:
    1. The latest PQR thread, or the politics thread, or You Bet.
    2. I can’t award a best avatar, they all have something going for them.
    3. This one is also difficult, so everyone of them gets a shout out from me.
    4. FB he makes me laugh out loud sometimes, especially on live chat.

That’s it for now.

Angel likes this.
  19. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Until you posted this I hadn't noticed.

Last seen November 28th.

:teary:

come back teabagyokel :please:

was it something we said?

F1Brits_90 and Hamberg like this.
  20. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    OK onwards :
    5. Fenderman , snowy and his wonderful pictures, and as it’s been pointed out the very wise teabagyokel .

Angel likes this.
  21. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    6.We would all be lost without cider_and_toast . And the lurking Brogan
    7. No idea.
    8. No idea.
    9.Everyone who chose to join CTA and join in.
    10. All threads are innovation, so anyone who started a thread.

I sit on the wall and watch..

Angel likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice