Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Why? As long as Mercedes have the advantage they can take their pick of drivers, once they lose the advantage they will probably walk away; this was also what that nice Mr Ecclestone a couple or so of weeks ago.

Lol. Thought that would grate with some folk.

Mission accomplished then.

The twitter account in question is clearly highly regarded, and shows a good balanced view in all matters.

Basically, everyone in F1, and all associated journalists are in on it. Sounds plausible.

Haven't looked at the twitter account, just saw it retweeted and liked by others. So I looked at the post.
He makes some good points.
I didn't post it solely to grate on those who dislike Hamilton, but also to appeal to those who like him. I said that when I posted it.

I simply do not understand what liking or disliking Hamilton has got anything to do with whether he won or lost the WDC.

....I didn't post it solely to grate on those who dislike Hamilton, but also to appeal to those who like him. I said that when I posted it.

Actually you didn't.

This will be an excellent read for some, an uncomfortable read for others...

There is one small point which you do not appear to have taken into account. Rosberg got into a position where he could win the WDC without winning another race, in fact he didn't need to get second in them all; we simply do not know how he would have driven had that position not occurred. For one thing he had to look after his engines which had done many more races than Hamilton's so why should he risk breaking them by pushing for wins; a similar occurrence was the final race in 2006 where he could win the WDC without winning the race; he could have gone after Vettel but instead did not take the risk, this was the sensible thing to do.

Bill Boddy I also fail to understand how liking or disliking Hamilton affects the facts of the year, but clearly for many it does. I've not failed to take Rosberg's position into account, but iVe also looked at how he got into that position, it wasn't exactly by out driving Hamilton, it was because he had the most luck. That's ok, that's the way things go, this is F1.
As you point out, I said when I posted the link some would like it, some wouldn't...you can split hairs over the wording if you like, but that's what I meant.

Hamilton will be remembered as one of the greats of Formula 1, Rosberg will not. This should be enough to satisfy Lewis fans. Name any Formula 1 Champion and I can point out races or seasons where they lost due to reliability issues, bad car, poor strategy or their own mistakes. It happens to the best of them. I can't wait for next year.

Bill Boddy iVe also looked at how he got into that position, it wasn't exactly by out driving Hamilton, it was because he had the most luck.

And that view is not based on 'liking or disliking Hamilton"? To say it was down to luck shows a blatant disregard of the facts and pins the entire season on Malaysia.

Hamilton will be remembered as one of the greats of Formula 1, Rosberg will not.

Rosberg will be remembered as the one that beat the three time world champion in the same equipment to the ultimate title.

"to have spent the last three seasons in the most dominant CAR the sport has ever seen."

Ha-ha
When Ferrari or Red Bull won championships long before to the end they had a less dominant car than Mercedes which won the championship in the last race of the season

I'd agree with that in two of the four seasons Vettel won. Ferrari ****ed up in 2010 when Alonso could, and probably should, have taken the title. Similarly in 2012 Alonso had every chance to win the title but failed. 2011 and 2013 the Red Bull was unbeatable, in Vettel's hands at least. The nine in a row for Vettel at the end of 2013 was as boring as it was stunning.

Back on topic, this article explains a little why Wolff moved the mechanics around within the team - Wolff downplays Mercedes mechanic swap | PlanetF1

Back
Top Bottom