Current Nico Hülkenberg

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Rutherford I am talking about Maldonado who took his Williams drive and his opportunity to go to Lotus as well. This time he made the right call to join Renault because longer term it is better for him .. Perez is now stuck in midfield and chances of him landing a top drive are disappearing now

Road of Bones likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

Perez is currently 7th, which isn’t too shabby, though yes I suspect he won’t get a better drive.

4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    rufus_mcdufus Yes but Perez is still dreaming of a Ferrari drive once more .. he turned down the chance to join Renault citing lack of leadrship but he should have taken the drive to prove he can be a team leader

Hulkenberg was right to take this opportunity and is certainly proving he can be a capable No 1 like he was at Sauber... Renault will come good eventually history says so and they are going up against a good bench mark in Mclaren and Red Bull chassis

5. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Perezs' time has passed; it's too late for him to land a top drive, there are too many other young talented drivers, such as his teammate, who are ready to make the next step.

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Rutherford I agree but he is still hoping he can land the Ferrari seat because Vettel does not want a very fast teammate and made it clear

Renault for Hulkenberg represents probably his last chance to make a name for himself in F1

7. Rutherford

Since Mexico 2017 Hülkenberg has always started 7th. That's six races in a row now.

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    More importantly he has outqualified Carlos Sainz I think its 6-1 now and Sainz is rated as one of the hottest properties in F1 and lined up to be promoted at Red Bull if Ricciardo leaves

Hulkenberg is showing he can be a No1 at the moment , I just hope Renault deliver a car where he can finally show his full potential

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    for me his talent has never been in question, ive always felt he can be a race winner & championship challenger as he has undoubted talent. but on perez & maybe Hulkenburg being too old, they are 28 & 30 they got many years left but perez isn't about age he just hasn't impressed in the force india enough for people to talk about him. but Hulkenburg can still deliver look at Lewis is driving at his best at 33 & Kimi having a renaissance at 38. then Mansell & hill won their titles at 39 & 36, Schumacher final title came 35. still got Monaco (provisional) pole at nearly 43

10. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    The way he's beating Sainz at the moment is very impressive, and may give Red Bull pause for thought.

RasputinLives likes this.
  11. Rutherford

teabagyokel said that Hamilton has been beaten by Bottas in 5 of the last 6 races. It's funny how people celebrate when he wins 5 races in a row, but stuff like this is shoved under the carpet. Considering that Bottas isn't regarded to be a top driver and weaker than Rosberg, it makes Hamilton look terrible currently.
    Hamilton is just as hyped up as Alonso.

Back to topic: Hülkenberg, solid race result.

12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    looking a few stats came across one 1 that Hulkenburg & Perez are currently 5th & 6th on most races without a win with 149 & 148 starts. if they are still in F1 by 2021 then by 10th round I assume Germany or Hungary. then they will take Andrea de chesris unwanted record which we all thought wouldnt be beaten. as most expierenced driver without a win on 209

13. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Hulkenberg already holds the record for most GP without a podium.

14. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    yes which I wasnt aware until I saw the table, where 8 of the top 10 had all finished 2nd

15. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    unfortunately Hulkenberg does not bring a lot of money which is way the podium still eludes him - he missed out on some competitive cars

Unless it rains he will never get a podium with the front 3 so far in front

16. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He has had team mates who have scored podiums in the same car as him though.

gethinceri likes this.
  17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    True I wonder how many times he has thought about Brazil 2012 in his minds

18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, if i remember rightly wasnt that Hamilton fault, barrled up the inside ruining both races

19. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 That was as nearest Hulkenberg had got to a podium and who knows he might have been signed by say Mclaren

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice