Current Nico Hülkenberg

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Jun 21, 2011.

1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Monaco could be an opportunity given the attrition rate. You watch all 20 of the buggers finish the race now...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    It's now 6 years since his pole position. And counting. Martini belt more likely than World Title.

4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He is not only the holder of the Martini belt for most races without a podium but also the De Cesaris belt for most races without a win.

No one else is even close.

teabagyokel likes this.
  5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    If only he won in Brazil 2012 then you wonder what might have been?

Hulkenberg is very good in the wet so if there is a wet race that might be his best chance

6. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Not so much of a fuss about Nico new "record" of most GP's without a podium as there was about Hammy's pole record but then I suppose it's a record no one wants to get.

7. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    But in many ways a far more funny, and thus interesting one. You better get on the podium at some point, Hulk, because Slasher truly deserves this one.

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Nico Hulkenberg has been the proud wearer of the CTA Pierluggi Martini belt (for most races without a podium) and the CTA Andre De Cessaries belt (for most races without a win) for quite some time now. I afraid I Don't see it changing.

Jos the Boss likes this.
  9. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    the Eternal bridesmaid unless his luck changes at Renault

10. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

He's the new Nick Heidfeld (and yes, I know Nick got the odd podium)

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    He's not even a bridesmaid. He's the sad looking cousin who didn't get asked to be a bridesmaid even though he thought he was really close to the bride.

teabagyokel likes this.
  12. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I have never rated him that highly I will be honest. He has not really been pitted against a reliable yardstick except possibly in his rookie year, I'm sure he is good, but I don't feel he is in the Nick Heidfeld bracket.

13. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Ouch!

14. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    If you'd asked me the difference in quality between Heidfeld and Jenson Button in 2008, I'd have said there wasn't one.

Heidfeld wins races in the cars Button raced in for the next four years, and a title to boot.

Galahad likes this.
  15. The Pits

Featured Threads:
    And im not sure Hulkenberg would.

16. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Funnily enough, I think all three of them would win the same kind of races. Chaotic, changeable (and not wet) conditions. All about being on the right tyres and picking off those who may be more skillful (e.g. Hamilton) but trying the impossible.

17. The Pits

Featured Threads:
    For me, Nico has nearly shown that at a couple of points, but i think a lot of his reputation comes from little substance. He has had a car that could have got him results, but fell short of delivering. I am maybe being harsh, but i dont see that flash of brilliance that others in a similar position have shown, other than a couple of Brazilian performances, which show me that the car was capable, but delivery was not forthcoming.

Just the opinion of an idiot though.

18. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    I think the evidence regarding Hulkenberg is flimsy at best. If he's shown up by Sainz as he was by Perez then I think his Formula One career is done with, and he'll have a diminished reputation as he heads to WEC.

Palmer and Gutierrez have both been extraordinarily flattering to him; they're both poor.

Having said that, if he beats Sainz then he'll be looking like a Heidfeld.

I actually don't know where he is. Rosberg is the last one like that and he turned out pretty good. Hulk might just be a Fisichella, though!

Johnny Carwash likes this.
  19. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Well should Renault improve again next season which a lot of people expect they will do so then Hulkenberg will get a podium finally

His career has been blighted usually by going up against drivers who have more money and less talent so he does not get the drives he should

I maintain if he was in the 2012 Williams that Maldonado drove he would have scored more points and got more podiums

20. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Yes everyone is expecting Renault to improve but everyone seems to be expecting every team to improve. What with Mclaren's challenging for wins, Renault's and Williams getting podiums but Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull still expecting to be the top teams someone is getting to get a rude awaking.

21. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Disculpe?! He lost to Perez twice in a row. My rating of Hülkenberg has suffered since then. It also isn't just bad luck that he hasn't finished on the podium. He's had multiple chances to finish on the podium, but has thrown them away. His best chances was probably 2012 Brazilian GP, where took himself and Hamilton out.
    Perez on the other hand has always taken advantage of the opportunity to finish on the podium, e.g. 2012 Malaysia in tricky conditions.
    Both drivers are equally experienced too.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice