Gaming Next Generation Consoles.

How will you be gaming in the future?

• Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handheld Gaming - Sony Vita/Nintendo DS etc.

• Social Media Gaming - Farmville/Candy Crush etc.

• Total voters
I wasn't going to bother with the "Cross-Bone" anyway - the cross-platform nature of most games these days doesn't warrant replacing both my PS3 and my XB360 - I'll upgrade to a PS4 (but I am extremely tempted by a Steam Box...).

Well that was inevitible. The PS4 is creaming the XBone in pre-sales worldwide apparently. Now MS are trying to recover their enormous dropped bollock.

I've just had a go on the ps4 and the new assassins creed. Had a lot of fun even though I was technically working.
Wasn't allowed to get pics of the ps4 but have seen it up front now.
I have a lot of images of the gameplay but not allowed to publicise them until the game release.
If anyone wants a go search for #blackflagtour and they are touring universities for the next few weeks. Currently in Leeds for the next 2 days.

Further information for you guys:

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/16261/assassins-creed-black-flag-tour-sails-to-uk-universities/

For 5 weeks starting October 14th, Ubisoft will be touring the United Kingdom for anyone who wants to try out the game on Sony’s latest console, the Playstation 4 as well as give attendees a chance to win prizes which include:

• 1x Assassin’s Creed pod (Valued: £2,500)
  • 1x 32″ TV Screen (Valued: £300)
  • 1x PS4 Console (Valued: £350)
  • 1x Copy of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Valued: £50)
Here are the tour dates and locations:

Week 1

October 14th-15th

• Bournemouth University
  • Sheffield University
October 17th-18th

• Southampton University
  • Leeds University
Week 2

October 21st-22nd

• Exeter University
  • Liverpool John Moores
October 24th-25th

• Manchester University
October 25th-27th

• MCM Expo
Week 3

October 28th-29th

• Birmingham University
  • Newcastle University
October 31st-November 1st

• Cardiff University
  • Edinburgh University
Week 4

November 4th-5th

• Greenwich University (London)
  • East Anglia University
November 7th-8th

• University of London
  • Warwick University
Week 5

November 11th-12th

• St Mary’s College (London)
  • Nottingham and Trent
November 14th-15th

• Portsmouth University
  • Derby University
November 18th-19th

• University of West England (Bristol)
Be sure to follow @UbisoftUK for more information. #BlackFlagTour

Last edited:
PS4 and Xbox One are both out now globally. In the 1st week of sales both consoles were matched for numbers of sales however that doesn't include the European and Australian markets for PS4 as they only just went on sale today.

I have just unboxed my PS4 and updating the firmware. Will keep you all posted on developments. Has anyone else taken the plunge and invested in the next gen?

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see how things pan out and what consoles my friends get.

I want to get an Xbone, but only because I loved the Xbox and the 360. I really think the PS4 is in the strongest position at the moment. All the bad publicity and higher price point have hurt the Xbone.

I'll jump into the next gen race next year. I can't wait!

I bought a PS4, but not much you can play for the moment. But I am having fun playing BF4 and AC 4, damn xbox360 disc tray is almost near it's end......no f1 anymore. :teary:

I got my PS4 on day of release, and it's splendid...and will be even more so, when there's more than CoD, BF4 and Killzone to play on it!

I did BF4 on the PS3, and redoing it on the PS4 really shows what a step-up in graphics it is, and Killzone just looks beautiful in all aspects.

Will not be bothering with a "Cross-Bone" this time around, as frankly the last GoW (Judgement) was pants, and the Halo franchise has become a bit repetitive now. (I am seriously looking forward to "Destiny", however! Good job it's a cross-platform game...)

Yeah i had that in the beginning as well. Going from 12 enemies to 32 is something to getting used to, now no more recklessness.
But if you take down a whole squat at once, that is just sweet as sugar.

PS4 mic earphone is pretty crap though, can't even use my turtlebeach DX12 on it.

Last edited:
Valves Steam Machine Prototype.

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 09.49.47.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 09.47.47.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 09.48.00.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 09.48.13.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 09.48.23.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 09.49.16.png

The controller does look a little shoddy. However, I am intrigued to see how the two track pads work out. The pictures of the controller at launch looked so good, nice and sleek.

So I now have my PS4 and am loving it. If anyone is interested I will have three beta codes for the Destiny beta that starts later this week. Just let me know if you want one.

Back
Top Bottom