Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Are we seeing the beginning of the end of Formula 1 ??

no we arent. Although we are seeing the end of F1 being both the pinnicle of motorsport & technology because being pinnicle of technology that will move to Le Mans & Forumula E. which will be a good thing i can only vaguely remember someone using horse racing analogy horse transport became obselte but still raced for fun. that will happen to F1 weirdly having that weight lifted might be a good thing as F1 can stop trying to be road relevant which is now becoming tougher & tougher

i followed Formula E since day 1. calibre of driver is good many talented ex f1 drivers. i feel that it hasnt ever reached the peak of 1st season as that was brilliant & some of the best racing ive seen that year. & something ive noticed since season 3, keep the city centre thats great but they need to get wider circuits til then it will lack in entertainment. because currently its like 12 monacos Paris & NYC in particular it was very tough to overtake without making contact because it just about wide enough for 2 a brest if the other driver was willing

By the way if this is the beginning of the top formula then Buemi = Fangio and Bird = Moss!

Not sure.

Piquet = Farina, Buemi = Fangio, Di Grassi = potential Ascari?

Bird may well be more of a Jose Frolian Gonzalez type character in this scenario.

Moss may be a couple of years off yet.

calibre of driver is good many talented ex f1 drivers.

I feel the series is better for having the likes of Bird, Rosenqvist, Frinjs, Felix Da Costa, Evans and Lynn at its forefront rather than the ex F1 drivers. It's needs to keep picking up these huge talents that simply can't get into F1 due to money and sponsorship.

There are no pay drivers in FE.......we do have a couple who drive for daddy's team though!

Oh F1 will definitely switch to electric power. It's purely a matter of when, not if. It's an evolutionary certainty, whether we like it or not.

I can see a groundswell of Governments across the globe declaring an end date for fossil fuelled vehicles. All motorsport will have to conform eventually.

Well, he might not win the championship, but Buemi has sure won motorsports tantrum of the year. The bit where he shouted at Felix da Costa to find it was Frijns was absolutely gold.

Brilliant race! Buemi has really lost his cool hasn't he? Good come back race but he was lucky (especially with slowing Abt down on the pit out!).

Winner takes all tomorrow! I just hope it's as good a race as we had today.

Just re-watched the Buemi pit stalk and I have to say best bit of motorsport TV I've seen in ages. What was funny was Buemi was trying to be all intimidating and all 3 of the guys he shouted at gave back twice as hard. My money was Def on Robin Frinjs in a fight.

Interestingly he didn't have a go at Sarrazan for nearly nerfing him off on the last lap. Why? Sarrazans his WEC team mate!

So C5 only have the highlights at midnight 30. Looks like I will have to watch the race on line.

I can't tell you how gutted I was that the Andretti which crashed into Buemi on lap 1 was not Robin "I'll take your rear wing off next time" Frijns. LOL

Buemi was certainly a deserving champion for this season, but I think its hard to look at the three seasons of Formula E thus far and deny that di Grassi is worth a championship.

Brilliant to see JEV finally get his win, too.

I wonder why he was mad at Abt for slowing down in the pit lane? The timer is running as soon as they enter the pit lane, he still had to wait in his second car anyway.

Quite amazing that he blamed Abt for hitting him, while he brake tested Abt when he left the pit lane.

Am glad Di Grassi won this years championship and Vergne won a race this year. After bad luck from both of them, with DiGrassi being disqualified in both seasons, which in the end cost him his championship in both years. And Vergne coming close to a win a couple of times, but because of events couldn't quite make it stick.

The comments of Prost, saying that he's got the best racing duo is a joke. They put Gasly in the car in New York and he beat Prost junior on both occasions.

The comments of Prost, saying that he's got the best racing duo is a joke.

I'm going to be fair to Alain Prost here:
  1. They've won the Teams' Championship three years in a row
  2. Saying "Buemi's good but Nico is shit" could make for an awkward dîner de Noêl
  3. The other team that keep challenging them also have a boss' son in the car
(Well, I would pick Vergne/Sarrazin or Heidfeld/Rosenqvist but still...)

I can't tell you how gutted I was that the Andretti which crashed into Buemi on lap 1 was not Robin "I'll take your rear wing off next time" Frijns. LOL

Just tell Buemi that it was Frinjs. He can't tell them apart.

Well done Lucas Di Grassi! Would not have called this even 2 weeks ago! Remember that win from having a broken car on about lap 10? That deserves the title alone.

Cracking race by the way and some cracking drivers in the field at moment. I hope they'll all be back for season 4.

Unfortunately no Donington test this year so I won't get to see them pre-season :( gutted.

Back
Top Bottom