Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Yeah both races it seems. Gives Di Grassi a big chance to catch up. Although with a broken bone in his foot that won't be easy.

I think Alex Lynn is in for Lopez too.

BMW confirms factory Formula E effort to be run by Andretti team

BMW confirmed as in Formula E as part of the Andretti team from the 18/19 series onwards. That's year 5 and the same year Merc comes in.

That's Audi, Renault, Citroen, Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes all in for the series now Guess we should count Mahindra as a manufacturer too.

That's a lot of faith shown in the series by a lot of big names. I actually can't think of another series that has this many manufacturers.

Now if they could just sort the bloody calender out so that it gains momentum and people don't forget the series from one month to the next and it would be off and flying.

It remains to be seen how the racing will change once single car races are introduced in the next season but the potential is there for a pant wettingly good series. Without the 'Bernie Effect' blocking any series that dare to challenge F1 it could be good for Motorsport overall.

A British city needs to get a bid in now. (Come on Birmingham you know it makes sense!!).

Right, time to check my FE app on the phone.

Not since the Indian Grand Prix which was held in India has the location of a race track been so over used in motorsport coverage.

In case anyone wasn't aware, the Formula-e race was held in New York. That's New York, New York. It was the first motor race held in New York and the first winner of the race in New York will go down in history as the first winner of a race in New York.

Finally caught up with this. Which city was it in again? ;)

Birdy was King of New York it appears. After stuffing up his chance to get back in the title fight Di Grassi will want to Escape From New York.

I think so many big names are coming on because it's not an expensive programme to run, it's great PR and it is actual beneficial to helping develop technology for their road cars.

Hopefully it'll make the series competitive and give us some great racing.

Not since the Indian Grand Prix which was held in India has the location of a race track been so over used in motorsport coverage.

In case anyone wasn't aware, the Formula-e race was held in New York. That's New York, New York. It was the first motor race held in New York and the first winner of the race in New York will go down in history as the first winner of a race in New York.

i was ok with it but what really annoyed me was that they played this instead of british national anthem for sam bird

I think the bulk will remain street circuits teabagyokel as one of the things about the series is that it's so accessible and easy to get to for the general public. That I think is a bonus to the manufacturers getting their name seen by not just the hardcore motorsport fans.

I mean look at the crowds at New York. You're not telling me they were all die hard Formula E fans. People heard it was on and realised how easy it was to get to so went to see what it was all about. You Don't get that in a field in Northampton.

Anyways Ferrari have been kicking around the idea of joining and I wonder if this sudden flood of other names might kick them into action. Certainly I think Audi's decision to join influenced Porsche and Merc.

I don't think they'll move entirely away from street circuits. I do think that they will want to (when the cars are within 80% of a race lap time) show that electric cars can race at (say) Hungaroring or Interlagos or Austin etc.

They've dipped their toe into the water with the Mexico City ePrix; I do think the temptation to show off like that will eventually be too much.

And if the ban on the internal combustion engine is applied in 2040, then Formula E will converge with the current leading formulae by that time anyway.

Bit too early to say. F1 could switch to all electric itself. Of course it's a lot harder now there is an established series. The best think that could ever of happened for Formula E is Bernie being ousted! Like King Herod he would have killed it in its infancy!

It has the manufacturers but it still has a long way to go before up and coming driving talent chose FE over F1. It's picking up a lot of talent that F1 has no space for at the mo but they'd still all be in F1 if they could.

By the way if this is the beginning of the top formula then Buemi = Fangio and Bird = Moss!

Back
Top Bottom