Announcement New tagging feature available

Not that I can envisage anyone ever needing to tag more than 10 people really..

Can you make sure HammydiRestarules has maximum tagging capability as it will be very useful for the FF1 cup next year. It would seem to make sense to issue a fixture list before each race and tag people in that so they know they have a matchup.

It would be cool if the usernames on the tables were all tags. Perhaps even the "groups" you mentioned, Brogan, could be used for teams. Then they could also be tagged in the tables. It would add a nice extra layer to data which is otherwise wuite flat.

It would even be quicker to input because of the autocomplete when using the "@" symbol.

Do the groups have group profile pages?

There are more issues than that to resolve jez101 as currently she can only edit posts for 1 month and also can't stick or post in locked threads, or even start threads in that forum.
I'm not sure how I'm going to resolve that yet as only staff have that functionality.

Regarding the tables ExtremeNinja, anyone posting a table can utilise the tag function, taking into account the maximum limit of course.
The limits can be raised if necessary but there will be an impact on server load so I would need to see how it would work in practice.

There aren't any user groups set up for any of the games and it's something we can look at, but more user groups means more time to process the templates when rebuilding and we already have 20 so I'm loathe to add too many more.
Not to mention the work required adding everyone to the respective groups, which can only be done by an administrator, i.e. me.
Again, I would need to evaluate the impact on the server and the amount of work required.

Is it possible to set up email alerts for when you get tagged? jez101 did alert me to the Jos weather game but as I didnt come online till this morning I missed it. :(

I wouldn't want an email for every notification but specific ones that are not thread related could be useful.

I believe that may be an option in a future release but unfortunately it is not yet available.

I would also need to take into account email sending limits; we currently use Google apps and I can't remember what the daily quota is for free accounts.

I wouldn't want an email for every notification but specific ones that are not thread related could be useful.
If there was such an option for receiving an email when being tagged then it would happen every time you are tagged; you wouldn't be able to specify individual tags (obviously).

Probably one for reporting to the tagging feature developers but...

I wonder if that was me. I'm having some of @Fenderman's deja-vu, here

The apostrophe breaks the tag. I can get around it by editing the CC code, though

I wonder if that was me. I'm having some of Fenderman's deja-vu, here

[EDIT] Sorry for tagging you Fenders. I should have just tagged Brogan with some demo copy instead.

Yeah, I've already reported it to the add-on developer but I'm not sure if there's anything can be done about it.
It's an annoying bug as it crops up so often,

I'm hoping it won't be an issue before too long...

I've got into the habit of putting a space between a tag and apostrophes, commas etc. A bit of a pain when I forget but it's more or less a habit now. just thought I'd mention it since I got tagged.:)

I would hope that they could do something with a bit of DOM but with output_escaping that will be a fiddly little bugger. The " ' " character would need to be restricted from usernames, which it may be already. Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom