Name the driver

Suppose it's my turn then. Who is this enjoying the view from the top of the AVUS north turn banking?

AVUS.jpg

No more attempts? Stumped or bored, folks?

Anyway, a little clue. You were right to pick up on the shoes, as his footwear was sometimes somewhat unconventional.

Nope gethin, sorry, not Ascari. Wow, I didn't think it would be that tricky. I guess he's looking very fresh faced and thin in this shot. Later in his career he had to choose his cars carefully as otherwise he couldn't fit his tall and broad frame into the cockpit. The first man to score Championship points for his country, one of F1's illustrious privateer nobility, his name is.....

Nope gethin, sorry, not Ascari. Wow, I didn't think it would be that tricky. I guess he's looking very fresh faced and thin in this shot. Later in his career he had to choose his cars carefully as otherwise he couldn't fit his tall and broad frame into the cockpit. The first man to score Championship points for his country, one of F1's illustrious privateer nobility, his name is.....
Tapeworm?

Pyrope, can I say who it is?

Of course you can... except TBY beat you to it! It is indeed Jonkheer Karel Pieter Antoni Jan Hubertus Godin de Beaufort (Carel to his mates). And if you haven't checked out the rather splendid tribute site at:

http://www.carelgodindebeaufort.nl/

...then you really should. We need more like him in the sport today. Anyway, I'll leave it as a straight fight between jen and TBY as to who gets to go next!

Back
Top Bottom