Michael Schumacher

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Tacitus, Jun 18, 2011.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I know why Perez is in his 8th season in F1. Carlos Slim.

I do watch F3 and Schumacher is doing well against a field as inexperienced as he is. Thats not his fault really but the fault of the view that if you have more than 2 years in a catogry then your not good enough so it's now full of teenagers. Staying in a catogry and developing into a good driver is not allowed anymore. Also winning a catogry means nothing anymore either. You have to be exciting and popular.

As for race craft. There are dozens of drivers who showed great race craft and won things but never got anywhere near F1. Wickens, Bird, Rowland, Rosenqvist. Ask yourself why Schumacher is being talked about for a drive and they aren't.

Charles Leclerc by the way has won nearly every catogry he has been in against more experienced competitiors.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Bird was considered to be too old. Rosenqvist and Rowland lack the funding and connections to get into F1 and are now 26, so same as with Bird, considered too old.
    For some reason drivers have to have their foot in the door by the age of 15- 18 nowdays or else they're not going to make it. In the case of all the above that didn't happen.

4. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Unless they have a great PR team behind them. Then it doesn't matter what their age, results or funding is.

5. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Don't you need money for a great PR team? :D

6. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Depends. If your name is Schumacher you have the money but you don't need to give it to anyone as teams know running that name means the sponsors bring money anyway. Plus you know the right people in the industry to talk too. Guess I'm kind of suggesting that if his name was Mick Smith we wouldn't be talking about him being in F1 just yet.

Same with Verstappen really. His talent probably would have got him into F1 on its own (I say probably because talent is no longer a guarantee) but there is no question that the instant leap was down to name and connections.

7. Clay

Clay Test Driver

He's second in the championship standings and is still within a shot of winning it. Since when have people not spoken about drivers in a similar situation. George Russell and Maximillian Gunther were both regarded as potential F1 drivers in 2016 yet neither of them had won the F3 championship. The same applies to previous runner-ups, journalists and fans have always linked them to F1.

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    They really weren't ya know.

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/michael-schumacher-documentary-film-family-075447438.html
    ummm now :thinking:

what is this documentary going to be like is it going to be warts & all documentary about his home life including racing career or are we going to have polished documentary that bypasses Adelaide 94 jerez 97 & Monaco 06?

because it says The film will "explore the many facets of this complex man – the merciless Formula One driver, the ambitious boy with the dream, the down-to-earth mechanic, the dependable team player & the devoted friend and father, It will include interviews with his father, wife and children and previously unseen archival footage.”. but also “We are thrilled to have the trusting co-operation of Michael Schumacher's family and management. Without their support this film would not have been possible."

10. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I was also wondering what kind of documentary it will be. I get that we should all feel sorry for the problems Michael has now but to gloss over the ruthless side of his racing career because of that would be totally wrong. Out of the car I like the guy, he seems genuinely nice, but some of his moves on track were well beyond questionable. It will be interesting to see what they will do with it and I do want to see it.

11. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Well Angel from what I’ve read the family have control . Specifically his Father and his wife. So I feel that it will be a very biased view.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  12. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I saw this under the headline that it was just what we needed to hear.

I needed to hear that Michael Schumacher is making progress not about a money making venture.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  13. jez101

jez101 Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me Contributor

Bill Boddy it is quite possible that they need to make some money to keep paying for Michael's care.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice