Michael Schumacher

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Tacitus, Jun 18, 2011.

1. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    rufus_mcdufus likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Expecting him to be happy is probably a bit of a stretch so I'll just wish him well.

Fenderman likes this.
  4. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Mick wins on only the third time of asking and has won the best rookie award.

A chip off the old block?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/32473616

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Jen likes this.
  5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    No.

6. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    It could happen that Schumi Junior could get to Formula One, then in his debut season get beaten thoroughly by Max Verstappen.

For full irony though, Max would have to be sacked mid-season to be replaced by Kevin Magnussen, and I can't see how that would happen.

Mephistopheles likes this.
  7. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Why did Luca say that? Is it because he is a total twat?

Michael Schumacher: Latest news not good, says Luca di Montezemolo

8. Kewee

Kewee Race Winner

Bill Boddy ..... It may have been a spur of the moment comment Bill, it may have been his way of releasing his own pain which he's probably feeling more than most. I wouldn't judge him too harshly, they were very close and probably still are, as much as circumstances allow.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  9. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    He's got to say something, now he's not got a team to threaten to leave with.

10. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Willi Webber, who was Schumacher's manager, has asked that an honest update is given to his fans. He says no news, and false rumours five false hope to many people. Mr. Webber feels 'in a terrible state ' that he is nit allowed to see or hear news if Michael with whom he was very close.
    Michael Schumacher’s ex-manager demands: Be 'HONEST' with us over F1 legend’s condition

It's a difficult one. You have to respect the families wishes, but it's been such a long time now.

11. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

It's remarkable they've managed to keep it so secretive up until this point. Looks like the media can behave.

Those close to him deserve to know, I fear Schumacher isn't capable of communicating his wishes.

12. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Those really close to him do know though, and maybe they don't want to see the headline.. "Michael Schumacher will never walk, talk or communicate in any meaningful way again".. It takes years for all hope to die and the realisation that what remains is all there is. Maybe some years down the line, it will be easier for them to talk about it. In the meantime why do we really need to know?

Or perhaps Schumacher can communicate and has said he doesn't want anyone who knew him before to see him as he is.

Who knows.

Andyoak, teabagyokel and Hamberg like this.
  13. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Frau Schumacher.

Titch likes this.
  14. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Yes, and his children.

15. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

I hope Mick gets into Formula 1 and on his first podium appearance says "I know my dad is watching me right now"

siffert_fan likes this.
  16. P1

P1 Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    The guy we knew is dead. There is some brain dead zombie that some people hope will recover to the guy we knew, but that's not going to happen. Close the thread.

17. Kewee

Kewee Race Winner

Batman ....... I wouldn't even repeat the phrase you used. Grow up and wake up to peoples feelings. Hopefully those who know and love him will have the good sense to stay away from forums and reading unfeeling crap such as your posting. >:(

18. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    It would appear that Brain Dead Zombies are capable of posting on Forums , so don't be so hasty Batman , he may yet give you an answer.

19. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    If you have time you need to listen to the 5 live documentary on iplayer or podcast. 7 days that changed F1 that goes behind the scenes of Jordan the week leading up to beligium gp the gachot arrest & Schumacher appointment. Some great bits on there like.

• how if Eddie Jordan wasnt so cash strapped at the time Schumacher wouldnt got a shot in f1 Because he contacted keke rosberg, stefan johansson & derek warwick all before Schumacher but every deal stalled as they wanted paying money EJ didnt have
    • He kind of lied when EJ asked have you ever raced around spa. As pretended he had & then cycled around spa to learn the circuit
    • The deal wasnt finished until Tuesday only 3 days before practice & Friday qualifying. Because they were certain Gachot would get bail & be able to race a his home race
    7 Days That Changed F1, 2016, 5 live Formula 1 - BBC Radio 5 live

Fenderman, Galahad and teabagyokel like this.
  20. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 - it's a great listen, but all that's fairly well known; what I hadn't realised was just how influential Bernie had been in the whole saga of moving him on from Jordan; Bernie had realised how much a German driver was necessary (after the queues outside Spa), and thought that since Jordan was so cash-strapped, they might not see out the season - and thus tried to get him a seat at Benetton...

The rest is history...

Also, Schumacher described the Yamaha engine (in the back of the Brabham) as a bit of an anchor...
    He described his brother as "Faster than me"...

Galahad and F1Brits_90 like this.
  21. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Jordan thought he had a watertight contract with Michael Schumacher when they got round to Monza.....but it was his manager who signed the contract not him so it was like through 3rd party representation.

I heard it was quite ugly behind the scenes swapping Schumacher and Moreno

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice