Current McLaren

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Brogan, Jul 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Il_leone - given how much money Red Bull have thrown at F1, Coca Cola may well be feeling the heat in terms of sales, and title sponsorship of a big team (especially one that is currently in the doldrums, so cheap) may well be very attractive. Red bull is a direct competitor in markets to Coca Cola; as I say above, a return to a livery close to the 1980s Marlboro livery (for, say, Diet Coke) would be fantastic!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I don't believe in Zimmerman Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I have to say I find it kind of funny that people have been saying that McLaren will only land a big name sponsor if they have a big name like Alonso driving for them and then they finally look to have landed a long term one for the season they are running two young drivers.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives In the days of Marlboro that was the definitely the case after Andre De Cesaris who got the Mclaren driven because his Dad was in one of the senior positions at Marlboro at the time. Since then Mclaren every year until 1994 had a world champion driver.

This is an amazing coup but then I looked at where the sponsorship logo was and its near the floor in black maybe not a good thing if unless they were really trying to promote Coke Zero

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    The Artist..... Given Zac and Gil 's familiarity is with the US racing scene its not surprising that they managed to entice a big US brand

Aint Red Bull sporting Red Bull Cola on their cars

6. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

The Toro Rosso's definitely are, which annoys me as it's a really tasty cola (along with Pepsi Raw) that you can't find anywhere anymore :(

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Well lets see if the sales of Cola go up then when they are spotted on a Mclaren

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I don't it will make the slightest bit of difference

9. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Now, if they lit it up like that Christmas truck...

RasputinLives likes this.
  10. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    As long as they don't mistake it for a Ferrari if the livery is what we think it might be

11. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

One of the BBC team said that the reason that they always brought plenty of the hardest tyres to the races is that the McLaren is much more drivable on the harder tyres.

The drawback to this are that they are setting up with a tyre which is two seconds off the pace meaning that there is no real data for qualifying or the race. It would also explain why Alonso usually seems to be finishing higher up the field in the race than he started; also Vandoorne is disadvantaged as he always has to learn how the car is driving on the hoof.

12. Clay

Clay Test Driver

McLaren have signed Sergio Sette Camara. Good signing, he's been at least as good as Norris this season.

McLaren Formula 1 - Sergio Sette Camara joins McLaren Young Driver Programme

13. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    You thats two Red Bull junior drivers Mclaren have pinched... Does that say Mclaren have no faith in De Vries then ?

14. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    New blood. WEC Porsche Boss moving to McLaren.

McLaren hires Seidl to run Formula 1 team

15. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    its a very risky move for Seidi. because he comes with a great reputation doing well at bmw sauber, being successful with BMW going into DTM winning the 2012 title & winning le mans twice. but so was jost capito who came from VW but lasted 3 & half months McLaren can seem a bit of poisoned chalice

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    His rep will be fine as long as he keeps on the right side of Zak Brown. Brown owns the Motorsport media so he'll just veto any article on him that's says he's crap.

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 It is interesting to me that you mention that Seidi reputation is built with BMW . Is that a hint of a future partnership maybe like they did back in the mid 90's although BMW seems happy to do Formula E apart from yesterday's embarrasment

Interesting move but I wonder if it is to protect De Ferran from getting all the flak as well

18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    saw this article through by random accident looking at something else & your going to have to translate it from Spanish sorry. but the reason Is that something came to my mind. & about something sainz sr said, I know its realistic but it just rammed home how far McLaren had fallen "Everything will depend on how the car goes. Talking about results without knowing how it's going to go ... Maybe you'll do an 11th or a 13th as Fernando did last year or take a point and it's a super result " hoping for 11th/13th & if we scrape a point it would be a super result. this sounds awful for McLaren before theyve even started. what is this McLaren hoping to get 9th

Carlos Sainz, “muy ilusionado” en sus primeras semanas en McLaren

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Basically they are hoping to be the first of the none manufacturer teams. I think that would be a great result for McLaren. At last some realism. Better than Fernando telling everyone they'll be challenging for the title for a months pre-season and then turning round to the media at race 3 saying their expectations are unrealistic.

20. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

[​IMG]

Courtesy: Handelsblatt
    Effective May 2019 Dr. Zetsche will step down and will be replaced with a designee successor, Mr. Ola Källenius (above). Källenius is a Swede.

21. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Should this be in the Mercedes conversation?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice