Current Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by FB, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Verstappen has admitted to making mistakes today which is quite nice, as it may mean that he'll work on his racecraft.
    Dr. Marko in an interview with ORF said, "today we saw who can overtake and who can't." Harsh words, but also very true.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

Another race were Max drove like Senna today. Shame it was like Bruno rather than Ayrton.

4. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    He doesn’t seem spatially aware. If he had tried Danny Rics pass on Bottas at the same speed and got it wrong, they would both have been seriously injured

5. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Johnny Carwash - I never thought Bruno was particularly a crash-magnet, or was that just because he was team-mate to Mr. Carbon-Fibre?

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Rutherford

Harsh words from Helmut but then Max should have won the race being the lead Red Bull but threw it away with amateurish driving

He's made 3 mistakes in 3 races and had 1 qualifying crash, been penalised for 1 incident and and involved damaged his car coming together in another

If he was not Max Verstappen but Dani Kyvat he might have been dropped next race

7. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Il_leone, the driver he most reminds me of is Pastor Maldonado.

Fenderman and Chasz like this.
  8. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

Oh no, don't bring back the memories!

9. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy Ouch I can think of Andre De Crasharis I mean De Cesaris would be worse for Max.

10. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Unfair on the sheer genius of Maldonado. I think Maldonado would be distraught to be compared to Verstappen since Verstappen is liable to:
    • Fail to fully commit to an incident by failing to finish.
    • Fail to fully commit to an incident by allowing his adversary to finish.
    • Get beaten by a team-mate, due to not getting Bruno Senna in the other car.
    • Fail to bring out a Safety Car.
    • Fail to hit Hamilton given a bloody good opportunity.
    • Fail to deliberately ram Hamilton
    • Go 3 or more races without hitting a Mexican.
    • Fail to boldly crash where no man has crashed before.
    He’s not going to win a Canamasas Medal at this rate!

11. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Max is more Montoya

teabagyokel likes this.
  12. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Andyoak - Nail. Head.

Although I doubt JPM can hear the name Verstappen without swearing.

13. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Keep your distance! :snigger:

cousinDave likes this.
  14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I don't need critiscm says Verstappen.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/verstappen-i-do-not-need-the-criticism/

Stop frickin crashing then.

Fenderman likes this.
  15. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    He might not need it but does he deserve it?

16. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    FB Yes he is in his 3rd season now so he should be starting to polish off those amateurish errors

Was not Saturday's crash the daftest thing he has done .. 5 minutes to go before the season ends and already in P1 and looking comfortable so why hurry around Sainz I think to complete the lap when he could abort and start again

In doing so he left his team 1 hour to repair a seriously wrecked car and cost them valuable points in the constructors. He might have won the race given his car's superiority and taken advantage of Ricciardo's situation

How many top drivers have that many incidents in 6 races? Either he is unlucky or he is careless and dangerous.

If his name was not Max Verstappen but Danii Kyvat he would have been demoted to Toro Rosso. Wait a minute that's already happened !!

He is living on reputation and I think the Red Bull hierarchy usually protect Max and this was the first time they showed some tough love and they should because it was unnecessary. He is throwing opportunities to win races when the team hands on to him

RasputinLives He aint learning is he ? Simple he needs to grow up

What Rosberg said maybe right https://www.planetf1.com/news/rosberg-i-dont-have-much-hope-for-verstappen/

--------------

Max needs to learn you can at 99% and become a more polished driver rather than 100% flat out and risk burying the car into the wall

The only person I can relate Max to is Kevin Schwantz in motorcyling racing. Schwantz was talented and fast but up against Rainey, I felt he was more liable to crash because he was making up for the bike deficiency in power plus his win at all cost attitude did not help. Whereas his rival Rainey rode within himself to make sure he delivers the results.
    If Max can fine tune then he will develop in a great racing driver

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  17. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well I call one of them Thestrapon and Schwantz is German slang for "prick".
    I'll leave that one there.

Fenderman and siffert_fan like this.
  18. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

The irony of that being that it was Rainey who had the career ending crash, which allowed Schwantz to take his only 500cc title.

19. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    sobriety Unfortunately for Rainey yes but Schwantz lost his edge because Rainey went and he suddenly realised he was not invincible anymore and the crashes started to take a toll on him to call it quits

A bit like Prost vs Senna when Prost retired , Senna began to start questioning himself a bit more and lost his edge

20. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I'm sure this was a joke Max but come on

Max Verstappen: Red Bull driver says he 'might headbutt someone'

He needs to be careful with what he says as the media smells blood at moment and he's no longer immune to critiscm.

Also the best way to stop the questions is not a headbutt but just to stop crashing.

Fenderman likes this.
  21. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Outspoken, entertaining, fast, young, not on form at the moment.

4 out of 5 ain’t bad.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice