Mark Webber

I'm a little puzzled as to why Webber doesn't have a page in the teams and drivers section, as Webber is a pivotal figure in the story upfront. There are questions that need to be asked. Why can Vettel win, and Webber struggle to get on the podium fighting Ferraris and McLarens? Why is the man that was noted as a good qualifier unable to get near Vettel? Did the leg break in late 2008 do him serious performance damage? and What should Webber do in the near future?

Mark Webber. Over to you...

Please don't bypass the swear filter
Webber has apologised after calling a French journalist a "****ing ******" after he was asked a question about Vettel's dominance.

http://twitter.com/#!/F1Lite/status/117352043848531968

Obviously a touchy subject.

He did that earlier in the season when some journalist asked him if he was going to be NO 2 to Vettel and his response was "Absolutely ****ing ridiculous question !*

I'm sure that's like telling Webber that the sky is blue during the day when there are no clouds in the sky.

Why point out the obvious?

That French journalist sounds like an idiot...and Webber probably though the French guy deserved it for asking a stupid question.

Ask some proper questions like:

"Mark, what types of things are you and the engineers working on in order to cut the gap to Seb?"

Or

"Do you feel 100 percent certain that the equipment you're getting is exactly the same as Seb...or do you think there's an element of pure 'bad luck' in some cases?"

Or

"What's happening in terms of your adaptation to the Pirellis? They seem to be evolving the compounds...What are your thoughts on this?"

Some journalists are complete idiots...and i'm sure Webber lost his patience with a completely dumb question of the kind he doesn't need to be asked by a strange Frenchman.

Other drivers get asked these questions and don't go using inappropriate language and insult the journalists do they now?

Journalists do that all the time. All the drivers dodge it, but silly Webber took the bait...

So, turning our attention to the race...

The Law Of Averages would suggest that the other RBR driver is due a victory.

It's 8-0.

But even during the most dominant of seasons Patrese was able to win in Mansell's championship season and Barrichello was able to win in 2002 and 2004.

The Law Of Averages will come into effect at some stage this year.

The same Law would suggest that Vettel can't have it all his own way.

Perhaps luck or a Safety Car or some error could figure into this race? It's a very long race so anything can happen!

Having said that, Hamilton is also due some reversal of fortune (although he's on his back foot on Super-Soft tyres after picking up that unfortunate Q2 puncture on those silly artificial curbs with their errant boltings.).

Well Ray, you can bank on the law of averages if you wish, I would prefer to use the law of probability. Vettel will probably win.
A key means of understanding the law of probability is the excellent "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" by Tom Stoppard. Perhaps my favourite quote from which is:
"A man talking sense to himself Is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself."
Internet fora are great aren't they, and English was taught better in my day. By men in cloaks.
I have been drinking.

Well Ray, you can bank on the law of averages if you wish, I would prefer to use the law of probability. Vettel will probably win.

I have been drinking.

Probably! :)

Gethin, Sir...What are you drinking? Beer? Wine? Whisky?

Guess what? I'm going out later for Vodka Red Bulls! ;)

PS

Speaking of banking...I bet on Vettel to take the 2010 WDC at 7-1...and I did the same for this year at 3-1.

Needless to say Vettel's been good for the Ray In Toronto, Canada bank account these last 10 or so months! ;)

I hope Webber will have a great start and only lose 2 positions, instead of five or six or seven...

Maybe then he could be on the podium again!

Hey you were right! :snigger:

I think he was 4th at the end of Lap 1...so he only lost 2 positions! :victory:

And, he was able to make the Podium!:3rd:

Shame that he managed to chop Lewis, though. (Payback for Canada?) I wonder why the press aren't asking Mark more questions about his bad get-aways when the lights go out.

It's good to have the Big Boss (Dieter Mateschitz) as you pal, eh?

Back
Top Bottom