Mark Webber

I'm a little puzzled as to why Webber doesn't have a page in the teams and drivers section, as Webber is a pivotal figure in the story upfront. There are questions that need to be asked. Why can Vettel win, and Webber struggle to get on the podium fighting Ferraris and McLarens? Why is the man that was noted as a good qualifier unable to get near Vettel? Did the leg break in late 2008 do him serious performance damage? and What should Webber do in the near future?

Mark Webber. Over to you...

He's loved by Red Bull....bar Helmut Marko.

And he should be ashamed the way he handled Silverstone 2010 and Brazil 2010...all just for his own gain.

Causes trouble where ever he goes, Jaguar, William now Red Bull.
------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that Helmut speaks no one dares challenge him or disagrees with him. I'll wait when Webber decides to tell him to stick it if he is around long enough at Red Bull

I'll wait when Webber decides to tell him to stick it if he is around long enough at Red Bull

Mark probably won't do what you're suggesting, Il Leone...and here's why:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93930

In summary, Mark needs to get into the "politics" of motorsports now that he's managing a young Kiwi driver (Mitch Evans) and whilst he's co-owner of a GP3 team with Christian Horner.

There's no upside for Mark in telling Marko to 'stick it', especially when you're getting the love from the BIG GUY (Dietrich Mateschitz) and the "boys in the team".

Read the link. It seems like a 2012 contract is almost a done deal.

What I don't understand is that Webber seems to still be coy about whether he's 100 percent into driving that car next year. Odd.

Mark probably won't do what you're suggesting, Il Leone...and here's why:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93930

In summary, Mark needs to get into the "politics" of motorsports now that he's managing a young Kiwi driver (Mitch Evans) and whilst he's co-owner of a GP3 team with Christian Horner.

There's no upside for Mark in telling Marko to 'stick it', especially when you're getting the love from the BIG GUY (Dietrich -----------Mateschitz) and the "boys in the team".

Read the link. It seems like a 2012 contract is almost a done deal.

What I don't understand is that Webber seems to still be coy about whether he's 100 percent into driving that car next year. Odd.
----
-------------------------------------------------------

Yes but then Webber could say I am driving out of my skin and it would be a big risk to take sticking rookies in a big team unless you're Hamilton .

A bit of political play on Helmut maybe and point out the guy is not the one behind the wheel s

NO there is no upside to telling Marko to stick it although last season maybe Mark should have responded with these things should be kept internally after Helmut said it was Webber's fault at Turkey....something along the lines of does he really want to drive a wedge in the team remark

As for the 2012 deal....Hamilton determines the drivers market before everyone falls into place and my only guess suggests Mclaren should be making first call before everyone announces theirs

His 2011 season says it all for me...

Up until the German grand prix he hadn't led a lap, even Rosberg and Massa in inferior cars lead about 30 laps between each other before that race.

He hasn't won a grand prix in a car that's quite capable to do so. He's only achieved 2nd place once this year....

Put Buemi in the car...a man with antlers is what Red Bull need.

His 2011 season says it all for me...

Up until the German grand prix he hadn't led a lap, even Rosberg and Massa in inferior cars lead about 30 laps between each other before that race.

He hasn't won a grand prix in a car that's quite capable to do so. He's only achieved 2nd place once this year....

Put Buemi in the car...a man with antlers is what Red Bull need.
Better put Jaime Alguersuari :p

MARK WEBBER REFUSES TO CONCEDE TITLE
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/14733835.stm

"But this year isn't over yet. There are still seven races to go and anything can still happen."

images

Fighting talk from Webber but will he yield again if team orders are given or bust his balls for a win

another chance to beat Vettel and win went begging with a shocking start

Give the guy some props. That overtake was awesome. If it were...well, whoever your main driver is, it would have been godlike. I bet it's the same people calling his move dangerous that had the hump about DRS being banned up Au Rouge in qualli.

Give the guy some props. That overtake was awesome. If it were...well, whoever your main driver is, it would have been godlike. I bet it's the same people calling his move dangerous that had the hump about DRS being banned up Au Rouge in qualli.

To be fair Alonso was not up to speed remember

Bellof tried something like that back in 1985 and got killed when the track had less run off in a sportscar race

Martin Brundle - in his BBC column - was fawning over Webber's pass on Alonso up Eau Rouge. The commentator said he found new respect for him.

Poor young Bellof's sportscar (along with Jacky Ickx's) was wider than the F1 cars last weekend. That was the difference, apart from safer run-off.

Back
Top Bottom