Current Marcus Ericsson

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Jan 21, 2014.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Had a brief conversation in chat with Galahad on race day regarding Ericsson. He's actually starting to show signs of becoming quite a decent midfield driver with a couple of really good performances in a row.

He seems to be level pegging with Nasr too and we know he is no slouch. I might have to eat humble pie on some of the earlier comments I made on this thread.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    It's always dangerous to judge drivers on their performances at real backmarker/cannon fodder teams. While Alonso drove beautifully in his debut season with Minardi in 2001, I've never forgotten that he looked a lot better than he would have done, relative to his team mate, because said team mate (5pts to anyone who said Tarso Marques) had to use steel brakes all year; team boss Paul Stoddart couldn't/wouldn't pay for two sets of carbon ones.

So maybe he was in the "Marques car" last season. Either that or Nasr isn't as good as I thought he was.

4. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Galahad - I suspect that if either of the Caterham drivers were in the "Marques car", it was Kobayashi. Especially considering that they had him start 'n' park in Russia.

Ericsson had picked up form significantly in Suzuka, then the team collapsed!

Galahad likes this.
  5. pob

pob Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    I picked up one of Ericssons's under race suit tops in the Caterham auctions; I might ebay it while he's on a run of good form :thinking:

6. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    A genuine first then today: Ericsson crashing whilst overtaking the Safety Car as a lapped runner. I think he did a spin at Suzuka in 2014 under Safety Car too.

Facepalms all round.

7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Here is Ericsson's excuse:

“It has been a very tough weekend from the start to the end. With the pace we have had this weekend, the race was decent from my side. Unfortunately, I then had some issues with the brakes overheating behind the safety car. I tried to bring the brake temperature down, but at the same time I had to keep the tyres in the right working window. The combination of overheating brakes and cold tyres made me struggle a lot to stop the car, so I could not avoid sliding into the barriers.”

8. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

He knew about the issue and yet he pushed, he should question himself.

9. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    At half speed, Marcus. :whistle:

10. Galahad

Featured Threads:
    Ben Edwards and David Coulthard discussed this at length; how the cars lose temperature as the Safety Car isn't going fast enough (fast enough for whom? The marshals on the track?)

It's a thorny problem for sure. Then again, the car does have two pedals for this eventuality...

11. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    ROFL

Ericsson eyes 'more competitive car' for 2018 | PlanetF1

12. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    FB - There are plenty of more competitive cars in, say, Formula E.

FB likes this.
  13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    :goodday:tip of the hat to Ericsson's drive in Bahrain.

Charles who?

14. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Screenshot_20180409-210944.jpg

Hes may have a point. I still dont rate ericsson but i might be underestimating him

15. Rutherford

Personal sponsors also acting as shareholders of the team and getting upgrades way ahead of your teammates makes life easier. Despite that, both Nasr and Wehrlein beat him, not by much as there wasn't much room for improvement in the disaster of a car the Sauber has been in the last few years but they beat him.

Galahad likes this.
  16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Wherein's quali record against him at the back of last year was not good.

17. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Let’s not get carried away; he’d not scored a point in his previous 48 Grands Prix. Badoer’s entire pointless career was only 51.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  18. Rutherford

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:

Hamberg and Bill Boddy like this.
  20. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I was shocked (well not shocked) to see Sky give Marcus Ericsson a 5.5 out of ten and one of the lowest ratings for the Spanish Grand Prix. I thought he was fairly solid and put up some good defence against Sainz! He was marked even lower than Grosjean!

21. Galahad

Featured Threads:
    Meh. 0.8s slower than a rookie teammate in qualifying, 18s behind at the flag...i'd have said 6 at best. Finally he may be being shown up.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice