Manor (formerly Marussia)

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

Oh no I like Marussia and the look of an old ferrari from afar colour scheme! I think they did do a good job, but that does sound like I meant to criticise them! I just thought it was some nice data! Pic can only get better! I don't think he can do better than D'ambrosio who did finish 11 of his first 13 races

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    We're only pleasantly surprised because they had such a bloody awful winter, which was their fault. The car is still pitifully slow and Pic didn't make the flag due to an oil pressure issue.

4. Vortex

Vortex Race Winner

Glocks 14th place today could be vital by the end of the season, it could possibly see them finish ahead of Caterham in the championship,.. hey you never know! Didn’t Caterham (I mean Lotus,.. or do I?) score a 14th position last season and subsequently finish ahead of Marussia (I mean Virg.. oh give up!).

5. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    No, that was HRT I think. Caterham got three 13th places and five 14th places. HRT got one 13th place and finished ahead of Marussia thanks to that. Marussia didn't finish higher than 14th.

6. Slyboogy

Slyboogy World Champion Contributor

Charles Pic was 6 laps down, but that is probably because I think he retired, as before that he was ahead of Glock, then the safety car came up, I would be totally confuzzled on how he would be 6 laps down after the safety car period which came out in the last third of the race.

7. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Sorry Jos! Me that got totally confused there.

I too think Pic will be hard pushed to do better than D'ambrosio did last year but having said that Pic comes with a much better junior record and looked very quick at times in GP2. Lets hope he gets chance to show it a little - at least by taking Glock on!

8. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Pic retired a few laps before the end, I think it was 5.

9. OnTheLimit

OnTheLimit Guest

Why did Glock join V Racing :dunno: This guy has to be the most underrated driver out there by a country mile
    Call me wacky but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Ferrari alongside Alonso, he deserves a shot in a top team

V Racing did great at Aus but they, like HRT and even Caterham are just making up the numbers at the moment.

10. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I'd like to see him in a Williams, but that's a digression.

The link-up with McLaren had a lot to do with him agreeing to stay for 2012, if I remember rightly. Obviously the fruits of that collaboration, if there will be any, are yet to be realised.

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I think Glock was promised his own weight in Jelly babies back in 2010 - not that I think he had many options elsewhere at the time. You have to remember that Manor/Virgin were big mates of Max, they made a lot of fuss about the revolutionary new way they were going to do things and the backing of Richard Branson made them look like they could made an impact. By the time he realised it was all baloney he'd all ready signed a contract.

I used to rate Glock quite highly too - I remember him having a great drive in Hungary one year - and their have always been rumours of him moving to bigger teams but they've always fell through. Makes you wonder what the F1 teams know that we don't.

12. Slyboogy

He had an option to go to Renault after 2009...

Never actually rated him that much, his 2008 season was impressive but afterwards not so much.

Of course it's hard to take much from his performances at the back of the grid, he usually runs well at Monaco and Singapore, but in 2009 I thought he was fairly average.

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    No he didn't. They speculated over him but they never offered him a contract - just like last year. Being considered for something isn't an option. Believe me if Glock was offered the Renault/Lotus seat even now he'd jump at it. In fact there is a specific clause in his contract that says if a bigger team come in for him then he's allowed to leave.

14. Slyboogy

Always thought there where talks between them in 2009, guess I was wrong.

15. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    The problem with Glock is that he hasn't actually beaten a team-mate in the Championship.

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Marussia are currently 10th in the constructors championship on the back of Timo Glocks 14th and Charles Pic 15th in Australia.

Believe it or not this is the highest the team have ever been in the constructions championship and Glocks 14th is there equal best result.

They've only scored a 14th 4 times before - Di Grassi at Malaysia 2010, Glock at Japan 2010 and D'ambrosio twice at Australia and Turkey 2011

You look at it that way Glock has done bugger all for them when you think about it!

teabagyokel likes this.
  17. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    And, realistically, they have done bugger all for Timo Glock.

18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Well they've now offered him new pants! :snigger:

19. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

After that sideways slide through the gravel in practice he probably needs some clean pants.

20. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Marussia resort to comedy line up of Carr, Corden and Bishop

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/...gpupdate&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news

All of them were still apparently faster than Lucas Di Grassi

21. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

Suprised James Corden was able to fit into it.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice